I just can't take it any more

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

My FS 2004 hasn't been working since Wednesday Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. My original FS 2004 CD's are Mauritius and I'm only flying over there on Monday. So in the meantime could you try and help me get my FS[ South Africa] working again ❓

Here's the problem

Every time I try load up my Flight Simulator the opening screen pops up and then the simulator ceases to respond Crying or Very sad.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Try going into the Control Panel and the "Add/Remove Programmes" screen...

Now check to see that FS2004 is not on the list....

If it is on the list, delete it, then reboot your PC then try installing again.

If it's not on the list then I'm sorry we'll have to hope someone whos more technical on these things comes along!

I hope you get it fixed - it's horrible being without FS !!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Now I know that you like deleting things 🙄 make sure that the "Flight Simulator Files"folder is still in your My Documents folder

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Before you delete your FS back-up all your add-ons. What I do every week is make a copy of my whole flight simulator folder in my computer and copy it to my documents. That way, I can un install and re install my flight simulator all i want!

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

😕 Now I know that you like deleting things 🙄 make sure that the "Flight Simulator Files"folder is still in your My Documents folder

This can't be emphasized enough. Wink

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I don't have the CD's to reinstall it. So I unistalled Wilco CRJ [useless] and then tried uninstaslling MSFS 2004 but the PC responded by saying "That program is not in the registry, would you like to remove it from add or remove programs?" I said yes and the funny thing my flight sim is working now even though the PC thinks that the Flight Smulator has been wiped from the hard drive.

Thanks for the help. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...