I got FS Global 2005 yesterday

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

now, the whole sim world is so different, landscape is real with much detail....
12.6 GB of global mesh data, took me 2 hours to install......
its worth every penny i spent on

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 How about a couple of screenshots 😀

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

will do this weekend

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Would you mind taking a pic of the area around KHLN? Please.
Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

nottobe wrote:

Isnt that just eating up a lot of free space? Anyway I would love too see the screenshots, and how much was it?[/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

twistedsucker wrote:

nottobe wrote:

Isnt that just eating up a lot of free space? Anyway I would love too see the screenshots, and how much was it?[/b]

Eating up free space, I wish my puny hard drive had that much to spare, I would buy Megascenery in a hot minute.
I love eye candy and will put up with stuttering just to have it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

About the space issue .... I don't know if it's the Global 2005 that you got or the Global 2005 SE ..... but for people concerned about space, the SE version let's you choose only the areas that you want.... so saves on HD space for places like Coventry that your never going to want to fly to ... hehe ... no offence to anyone from Coventry.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Could you please send some screenies.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

forgot to login...all above pix are mine, the 70 meter resolution global mesh......i can even fine a little hill behind my house

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I'd like to purchase FS Global 2005, but I don't have a DVD-ROM drive Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Chris102 wrote:

I'd like to purchase FS Global 2005, but I don't have a DVD-ROM drive Crying or Very sad

I wonder if FS10 will be on DVDs like X-Plane already is? Hmm, I seem to remember having this question about CDs versus floppy disks once upon a time, and I still have my original Windows installation floppies to prove it, haha.

TTT? Are you copying this? Same memories I bet. Wink

spuddi Guest

how badly did it hit the fps?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I don't feel any frame rate difference.......
12 GB sounds scary, but it only loads where you are flying over...
i willl probably never fly the whole earth, but knowing that the whole world is on my harddrive is really something pleasent!! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...