Recommended Joystick with Separate Rudder Control?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

For a number of years, I've used a MS Sidewinder Freestyle Pro game controller because it can be slipped out of the way under the monitor riser when not in use. I'm thinking about switching to a joystick to gain separated rudder control.

Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

This is the top of the line joystick of 2004 it is called the (WINGMAN STRIKE FORCE 3D and it is a force feedbackit is produced by logitech + it comes with a free game

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a MS Sidewinder Pro USB, if I had to buy a new stick I would look at saitek X52. I've heard good reports about it.
Go to a store like CompUSA where you can see and a handle them.
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/pcgc.asp

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

For a Joystick with a really smooth and accurate 'Twist' function for your Rudder (and Taxi) control - I'd recommend the Saitek Cyborg.

(It's in the picture below on the left).

It is only around £15 (about $25).

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks to all who replied. I guess I'll wander down to the local Best Buy and see how they feel in my hand and wallet. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wound up getting the Logitech Extreme3D Pro. It felt very comfortable, had a base that didn't move around and had its buttons where it was easy for me to use them.

I looked at the Saitek Evo and while I admired how adjustable it was, my wrist kept nudging the throttle. I also saw their X-45 and liked it, but it would have taken a big chunk out of my desk space...and wallet. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

This is the top of the line joystick of 2004 it is called the (WINGMAN STRIKE FORCE 3D and it is a force feedbackit is produced by logitech + it comes with a free game

👍 I have that joystick and it works great! 😀 Did you have a twist problem at first though? I had to download this patch off of the Web to correct it. 🙄 My plane would go to the right and I would always have to hold it over to the left. Mad It got tiring.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No, I had no problem. I have to get used to it, but after assigning the buttons to my taste, all is well.

For the moment, I tend to over controll, but I'll either get used to it or adjust sensitivities a bit

The bottom line is that it works well, is comfortable and that base just doesn't move!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I have the same one, and it's great!

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

I wound up getting the Logitech Extreme3D Pro. It felt very comfortable, had a base that didn't move around and had its buttons where it was easy for me to use them.

Congratulations on your new Logitech EXTREME3DPRO purchase! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...