SearchSearch 

Recommended Joystick with Separate Rudder Control?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

For a number of years, I've used a MS Sidewinder Freestyle Pro game controller because it can be slipped out of the way under the monitor riser when not in use. I'm thinking about switching to a joystick to gain separated rudder control.

Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

This is the top of the line joystick of 2004 it is called the (WINGMAN STRIKE FORCE 3D and it is a force feedbackit is produced by logitech + it comes with a free game

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a MS Sidewinder Pro USB, if I had to buy a new stick I would look at saitek X52. I've heard good reports about it.
Go to a store like CompUSA where you can see and a handle them.
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/pcgc.asp

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

For a Joystick with a really smooth and accurate 'Twist' function for your Rudder (and Taxi) control - I'd recommend the Saitek Cyborg.

(It's in the picture below on the left).

It is only around £15 (about $25).

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks to all who replied. I guess I'll wander down to the local Best Buy and see how they feel in my hand and wallet. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wound up getting the Logitech Extreme3D Pro. It felt very comfortable, had a base that didn't move around and had its buttons where it was easy for me to use them.

I looked at the Saitek Evo and while I admired how adjustable it was, my wrist kept nudging the throttle. I also saw their X-45 and liked it, but it would have taken a big chunk out of my desk space...and wallet. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

This is the top of the line joystick of 2004 it is called the (WINGMAN STRIKE FORCE 3D and it is a force feedbackit is produced by logitech + it comes with a free game

👍 I have that joystick and it works great! 😀 Did you have a twist problem at first though? I had to download this patch off of the Web to correct it. 🙄 My plane would go to the right and I would always have to hold it over to the left. Mad It got tiring.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No, I had no problem. I have to get used to it, but after assigning the buttons to my taste, all is well.

For the moment, I tend to over controll, but I'll either get used to it or adjust sensitivities a bit

The bottom line is that it works well, is comfortable and that base just doesn't move!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I have the same one, and it's great!

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

I wound up getting the Logitech Extreme3D Pro. It felt very comfortable, had a base that didn't move around and had its buttons where it was easy for me to use them.

Congratulations on your new Logitech EXTREME3DPRO purchase! 😉