Does anyone else have/use Flight Deck III

AJWatson2209 Guest

Does any one else use or have FDIII? i downloaded it this morning and installed it, i can use the planes but i thought their were carries i could use too. I cant seemt o find them in the locations on create a flight and in the options their at the top of my list. Any ideas people?

Cheers

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i had the same problem when i first got it too. the problem our gaving is probably because you dont have all the scenery in the right location. in the addon scenery foler you needed to have made a folder callled ArrCab KNHK Cables and you need to have and ArrestorCables DAT file in the main addon scenery folder also. and you need a SCENERY DAT file in the addon scenery folder. you dont have the Arrestor Cables DAT file in your addon scenery folder. put that in there and you should see the carriers.

AJWatson2209 Guest

Sorry dude, im new to this. is their any cance anyone can give me a step by step guide? it would me much apprichated.

Cheers

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well can you first tell me if you have these 5 things in your Addon Scenery folder

scenery folder

texture folder

ArrCab KNHK Cables folder

ArrestorCables DAT file

Scenery DAT file

Make sure those are in your Addon Scenery Folder

AJWatson2209 Guest

I didnt so i created new files for them and now have the 5!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

well have you looked at the installation procedures??

AJWatson2209 Guest

So the carriers are now in the game but their not showing up in create a flight.... any idea where they might be, they also dont show in add on scenery

cheers for all ur help, jsut seeing them is amazing. thanks bud!!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well if their not in the create a flight you should run the CD again and instal it again. If you are taking about the dont show up as addon scenery on the screen where you choose the airport. Thats ok, it doesnt show up on m screen either.

AJWatson2209 Guest

Yo. see i downloaded it from the site. I live in Scotland and its a bit far to wait for international post when u wanna fly today!! yeah i cant seem to find them on the create a flight. what are they on in ur one! thanks for ur help bud!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

the flights are in the main flights foler. the flights are in a folder called FDeckIII. if you gie me your e-mail adress, ill send you the folder with the FD 3 flights in them.

AJWatson2209 Guest

YO bud. I have them in the select a flight?!? and i have a BIG list of things to do their.
My email is watson_14@hotmail.com

Peace

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

The USS George Washington CVN 73 has been positioned in 4 different locations in Flight Sim including:

• Gulf of Mexico: C73P (off of Pensacola, FL)
• Bay of Biscay: C73B (off the coast of France and Spain)
• Persian Gulf: C73G (off the coast of Saudi Arabia and Iran)
• Sea of Japan C73J (Between the Koreas and Japan)

The frequencies for the USS George Washington are as follows:

VOR: 112.20
NDB: 373.0
ILS: 110.30

Scenery Installation
In order for the carrier to appear in Flight Sim, they must be added to the Flight Sim’s Scenery Library. This is done automatically using the Flight Deck III Scenery Setup. The Scenery Setup is a small program that will add the scenery to Flight Sim automatically. You can start the program by clicking one of the following (depending on your version of Flight Sim:

Start | Programs | Abacus Software | Flight Deck III | Flight Deck III Scenery Setup for FS2002
Start | Programs | Abacus Software | Flight Deck III | Flight Deck III Scenery Setup for FS2004

Hi Habu, I tired using the codes :
• Gulf of Mexico: C73P (off of Pensacola, FL)
• Bay of Biscay: C73B (off the coast of France and Spain)
• Persian Gulf: C73G (off the coast of Saudi Arabia and Iran)
• Sea of Japan C73J (Between the Koreas and Japan)

to try and locate them in create a flight but no such luck. I can use them in the presaved flights but just not in the create a flight. is it possible (do you know) for this to work.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Well, I am no expert with Flight Deck !!! And I usually never read directions till held underwater for a time, but when I go to Create a Flight, it is listed as "Flight Deck !!" under "Other" toward the bottom. I have taken 2 flights and three dunkings! The dunkings came from not reading the directions and having no catapult. But man, after I armed the catapult...Wow! I took off in a F-18, circled around and made a successful trap ! I like it !! Hope it works for you as it is great ! The ILS worked perfectly, but I never found the Nav 2 display..will have to check that out ! Good Luck, rob

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...