ActiveSky

felix2222 Guest

hi all!

I´m using ASV5 since a few weeks and i´m pretty satisfied with it.
Also the performance is very good.
Except you fly into a very cloudy area.
Then my frames fall down to 5-8fps.
And flying is not fun anymore especially when you´re on an approach.
My cloud resolution is 256x256.

Now i wanna know from the ASV users if there´s a way to get better performance or if it is possible to comprimise the clouds?
And how is the resolution 64x64?
Will the performance get better a lot?
And will the clouds be still nice to watch?

Felix

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I use 256x256, cant go 512......it all depends on your hardware capability.
Mine is 3.0 P3 1.5 GB ram Radion 9800 with bunch of addons. so hacve to sacrafice some scenery settings. without the clouds I could set all at max, now I can only set scenery at ultra high with autogen to dense(max is extremely dense).
I think upgrading to fs9.1 can improve your performance dramatically, coz they fixed the memory leak problem.
64x64 is lousy, dont go there......

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...