When using "select a flight" program just exits

jeremyp969 Guest

I got MFS 2004 yesterday and installed it. When I do a create a flight it works fine. When I do a training it works fine(exited once or twice). When I do a "select a flight" then click "Fly Now" the program just exits. No error messages or anything. I've tried a few different ones and they all have the same effect. Any ideas???

My system(I know it's old, but I'm too poor to upgrade):

AMD Athlon 900MHz
384 MB RAM
Voodoo3 3000 Video Card
DirectX 9.0
Windows XP

Please help!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Your systems specs is quite limited but if the problem cause from ur system i think it will happens all time and not only in the selected flights.

I have two reasons one my mind which cause this problem.

First, i think your problem has to do with bad installation or damaged folder.

Second (and i think most important), ur systems low ram.

If i was in your position the first i will do is to low display settings and try to open a flight.I dont think it will work but just give a try.If it wont works try to unistall it and reinstall it.

I would also suggest u (if u have the ability) at least upgrade ur ram.

Let us know about it. 😉

Greekman72

jeremyp969 Guest

Hey, thanks for the quick response and suggestions. I should have mentioned that I did try the reinstall and it had the same effect. I do meet the minimum RAM requirements according to Microsoft, but that could still be the cause of it. Maybe I'll try expanding a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did u ever had another FS in ur system?(98''-2000)?If u do and have never format ur pc try to clean up the old registrys.

The microsoft asks about the minimum requirments for run FS but although i think that FS needs a lil bit more in ordrer to work properly cause all systems are not the same.Maybe,for example,u run a power hungry antivirus or some others programms that they are running on your pc start up and getting it slower.

Keep on touch for any help. 😉

Greekman72

jeremyp969 Guest

I did have Sim 98, but I've reformatted since it was installed. I'll see what I can do about that RAM. That could be the problem, but if that was the case wouldn't none of the flights work?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes u r right but maybe the selected flight are more ram hungry to load.Just a thought.

Is there a 'flight simulator'' folder has been created in ur ''My Documents directory''?

Greekamn72

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...