Main goal isn't achieved!

Yuri7e7 Guest

I read a review by a russian (real) captain-pilot about Flight Sim. And he told exactly what I thought.
"This is a great game but Microsoft team didn't succeed to give you feeling of flight".
He couldn't even explain why he thought so. But sadly said I totally agree with him. He named two games that gave such a feeling. (I don't remember their names for sure ["Flight" or something).
Sometimes I think Microsoft could've made it much better. I't a funny thing but I prefer sounds of jet engines from San-Andreas than those from FS ("recorded in real planes???"). Perhaps recorded near vacuum cleaners or drying machine.

I sincerely hope they are going to improve the game.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I m not offensive to you but i recomend you to be more specific to ur points in order to compare these simulators and to have some results.I think you are talking a litle bit indefinitetly.

He couldn't even explain why he thought so. But sadly said I totally agree with him. He named two games that gave such a feeling. (I don't remember their names for sure ["Flight" or something).

And as about sounds i think you are a litle abnormal.My opinion is that they(microsoft) have done a great job.Thats why the MS Flight Simulator has the biggest part of the market.

Anyway if you have to suggest something better i think that we all here are ready to discuss it.

Greekman72

Leofont Guest

Does anyone know when the Microsoft Flight Sim 2006 is coming out, or if there will be a MSFS 2006 ???

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I actually agree somewhat with what the original poster was saying. I never thought that Microsoft created a great simulator or game on their own, but rather they created a terrific engine, allowing hundreds of other private developers to seamlessly add on and create the realistic experience we're looking for. While its true we are NOT flying, and many feelings are left out, as far as the weather, sounds, complexities, and several other factors we all look for, I believe that they did an excellent job providing for others to make some wonderful enhancements =).

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

you just need to spend some more $$$ to fit your needs.....
default MS FS is like a wild world where you can build your own cozy home

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

He couldn't even explain why he thought so. But sadly said I totally agree with him

This post should be completely ignored untill this person presents some actual arguments as to why he doesn't like it. I cant even believe someone would say that. 😳

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Agree with you FEM. If Yuri7e7 thinks that he shouldn't post about FS. This forum if for FS lovers not haters.

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

I have some sympathy for what Yuri is trying to say. Anyone who has had the very special experience of flying VFR in a light aircraft will know that what we do for a hobby bears little or no resemblence to the real thing.Even when we travel on our jetlinners we experience sights, sounds,movement and tastes that cannot possibly be replicated in FS9.

Is FS9 a game?......never! Is FS9 a simulator?......only in the vaguest of terms. So what is it? FS9 is an AVIATION FANTASY and for those who have a passion for aircraft and flying it is a most glorious way to spend your free time.

Don't carp on about what FS9 is'nt or can never be. Instead celebrate what FS9 very definitly is.

kevin

ps: Flying online is the pinnacle of our hobby so for those who have'nt yet done so: Download the SB3/IVAO software.Log On and fill the skies!

Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

How can the Russian guy ever say that?

If any of us flew a real airplane we would certanly say that FS is not good enough.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Bartholomew wrote:

How can the Russian guy ever say that?

If any of us flew a real airplane we would certanly say that FS is not good enough.

The original poster really didn't give specifics, but here is my take on what one might perceive as shortcomings in FS9

1. It converts a 3 dimensional world into two dimensions.
2. You can't change views simply by turning your head in the cockpit.
3. The room you are in is stationary...no yaw pitch and roll.
4. The size of the world is reduced to the size of your screen.

That said, you can't find a better simulator for anywhere near the price.

Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

The original poster really didn't give specifics, but here is my take on what one might perceive as shortcomings in FS9

1. It converts a 3 dimensional world into two dimensions.
2. You can't change views simply by turning your head in the cockpit.
3. The room you are in is stationary...no yaw pitch and roll.
4. The size of the world is reduced to the size of your screen.

That said, you can't find a better simulator for anywhere near the price.

So, what does he expect them to make? A yaw, pitch and roll chair (or whole room), a screen as big as the walls, 3D glasses??? I guess he thinks "main goal is achieved" when you sit in a real airplane and fly! That's why this is only flight simulator.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

You are probably right. I suppose if one routinely flew a space shuttle, flying a real plane wouldn't be quite as exciting either.

For those of us who don't fly real planes, FS is indeed, as real as it gets.
Geek

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

I can say this...

I can shoot 20 ILS approaches in the time it would take me do 2 or 3 in the real plane. I can slew myself back out to the IAF to shoot the approach again, or go to airport half way across the world.

It doesn't count for loggable time, but it doesn't hurt your skills either.

As far as the basics of flying, the sim does an excellent job. Instruments are instruments, period. You can paractice your scan, learn to recognize failures in the instruments, etc.

Having this is the closest to a PCATD you can get without spending thousands of bucks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...