Dual Monitors, Times Two

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just read this in a newsletter and thought we might need it sometime.

Dual Monitors, Times Two

For some folks, two monitors is simply not enough.

"I am looking at the Asus A8N-SLI motherboard for the use of the two PCI Express graphics slots. I want to run two cards and four monitors and I don't know if this is actually possible."
--

Your question set NVidia's director of technical marketing, Nick Stam, on a quest to determine just how easy or hard it would be to run four monitors off of an SLI-enabled rig. Turns out, it's not very difficult at all. Nick ran his own test with three NEC 19-inch flat panels and one ViewSonic CRT (with a DVI-VGA dongle) attached to two Geforce 7800 GTX graphics cards installed on an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard.

The trick is that you set up the system the same way you would a standard SLI rig, but you don't enable the Multi-GPU mode in the main NVidia control panel.

Once your rig is up and running, you'll have several options, Stam says: "For example, the user might select 'dualview' to get two separately managed screens per graphics board, and thus four separate screens across the two graphics boards. Or the user can experiment with various spanning modes."

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...