porpoising aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
PapaRomeo Trainee

Hello Everybody;
I've been a flight sim pilot -- off and on -- since FS4.0 and I have had an ongoing problem with porpoising aircaft in my sim. By porpoising I mean the continuous up and down pitching of the aircraft as it hunts for equalibrium. A well balanced aircraft can be easily trimmed up for straight and level flight (or any other attitude for that matter). A badly balanced aircraft will continually hunt for equilibrium but never find it.

Although I have occssionally found aircraft that were properly balanced and (properly) flyable, I have sometimes put my simming on the shelf for awhile out of sheer frustration at not being able to control the aircraft in a realistic manner. But, I like flight simming, and after awhile I always come back to try it again.

This porpoising problem has persisted -- for me, at least --over several computer, video card, and Flight Simulator version upgrades and seems to be present in nearly every aircraft I have ever downloaded.

I have used air file editors like AirEd to try to readjust the aircraft's center of balance and/or center of lift, but with little success.

Can anyone help me get rid of the porpoising?
Any and all help will be much, much appreciated!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I thought this problem was only a fs2002 thing 😳 as I have not seen it in fs9 😕
It only happend with addon aircraft(not all) and only at cruise alt and was sometimes caused by a incompatible gauge in the panel or the panel config

Is your panel OK?

One way to stop it was to disengage the A/P,stabilize the aircraft and then re set the A/P

Also try switching the auto throttle off and set by hand

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...