ATP

crosscheck9 Guest

in the sim, if I earned my Airline Transport Certificate, how can I use that in real life, or is it just left and ignored?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

The certificate means absolutely nothing in real life.

I don't know if you are really asking that or not... 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

He was probally asking whether it could count as some sort of credit.

Pro Member First Officer

It wouldn't count as credit for real world flying. In order for a simulator (PCATD) to even be logged as time, it has to be approved by the FAA (in the US).

The certificate is nothing more than a rating that you get in the game. You can't get any sort of credit towards a rating.

crosscheck9 Guest

I heard that understanding basic flight techniques from the sim does help in the process of flight training. I didn't know if that was just for one's own benefit, or what? lol, thanks

Pro Member First Officer

The basic techniques (visual reference of the nose on the horizon, holding an airspeed, IFR scanning techniques, Instrument approaches) are all aided by any type of simulator.

If you use the sim to practice, you will definately save money, notice a bigger improvement from one lesson in the plane to the next, and MAY get your license in less time that someone who doesn't use it.

It definately doesn't hurt. I have noticed in my own experience that students who use the sim tend to do slightly better than those that don't. The ones I see the biggest difference in is those working towards Instrument tickets.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Av8r77 wrote:

The basic techniques (visual reference of the nose on the horizon, holding an airspeed, IFR scanning techniques, Instrument approaches) are all aided by any type of simulator.

If you use the sim to practice, you will definately save money, notice a bigger improvement from one lesson in the plane to the next, and MAY get your license in less time that someone who doesn't use it.

It definately doesn't hurt. I have noticed in my own experience that students who use the sim tend to do slightly better than those that don't. The ones I see the biggest difference in is those working towards Instrument tickets.

Thats very true. I recently had a flying lesson in which my instructor asked me if I'd flown an aircraft before. I told him I hadn't but use the sim and at the end he said I was already 5 lessons ahead 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

they're all right, you don't get anything, not even complimentary burrito wraps...I went through and eared them ALL, just for those wraps...darn you Rod Machado and your stupid ILS approach no one cound ever get right...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...