missing airport

i set up a flight from boston to virgina go to the destination air port had clear weather could see everything atc said airport was 2 miles at my ten to report runway insight but it wasnt there can anyone help with this. thanks. is this common. also what is the best way to set up pesonalized flights?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest

Anonymous wrote:

i set up a flight from boston to virgina go to the destination air port had clear weather could see everything atc said airport was 2 miles at my ten to report runway insight but it wasnt there can anyone help with this. thanks. is this common. also what is the best way to set up pesonalized flights?

im a member forgot to log in. thought guest couldnt post wierd

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You might have been too high and missed it. I don't think the airport is actually missing, it might just be quite small. Check the GPS and you may see it or type the ICAO code into the flight planner. This is the best way to set a flight up. Using the flight plan in FS imports it into the GPS so you can press NAV on the AP and the aircraft will follow the route. Hope it helps 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

You neglected to name the airport that was missing. I lived next to Dulles Airport for more than a few years. I watched the Concorde fly over a bunch of times. Now all I get to watch is the Arizona medevac chopper making an approach to the local hospital. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I've had that problem with an airport in Hawaii. It turned out that it was a short grass strip that blended in with the sorroundings.

Guest Ed Guest

Yeah, I've tried to find some airports that were just about impossible to see from the air. Some you can only see from a certain angle; otherwise, they are just hidden in the terrain. If there are no lights or nav aids, sometimes all you can do is set up a GPS course on the runway heading, and hope you see the airport before you crash.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

Found that Virginia Beach is also a short grass/dirt strip and hard to find in the summer as well.

how do i set up a flight that instead of going in a strait line. can go from point to point. kinda like way points i guess thats what you could call them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

If you use the flight plan option in FS, you can select High Altitude Airways or Low Altitude Airways, VOR to VOR or direct route. The first three will direct you from point to point instead of a straight line 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...