Beta Testing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi all,

How long does Beta testing on products last? I thought it'd be around 3 weeks to just test the product and fix small problems but the PMDG 747 has been in beta testing for over a month now 😕

Thanks in advance 😉

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I've been waiting for it also. With the most detailed FS addon product being tested it shouldn't be longer. Now with all the new updated and the manual being released. its should be very soon. But the production for it started back in 2003. Just think what some people have been going through to get this product.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

The length of time for Beta testing is dependant upon the size of the program, number and type of problems found, time to correct the problems and then to retest it. I have found that in many cases the test staff will have some problems with the programming staff, and that can really extend test time. Hopefully, it will be out soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks guys 😀

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

By the way, the release of the manual does not indicate the release is near. Keep in mind, LDS had their 767 manual on their site for well over a month before releasing their craft!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Yes, true, but for the most detailed FS add-on, I could see it a month or so. Its already been in Beta for about a month and a half. But it will definantly be worth the wait and money to get the Queen. Which also will be the best FS add-on EVER.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...