autopilot and ATC

KU Guest

right i really am sorry to be such a pain but being new to fs2004 i really want to get the most out of it

anyway on autopilot when i used to use it fs2000 i used to be able to use the autopilot screen from the task bar (pressing alt), but i notice this option is no longer there in fs2004, so i cannot assisgn my ap to follow my GPS route, how do i go about this?

also i how do i get the ATC to give me my heading and altitude for my destination airport? as when i am waiting for clearance i can hear other aircraft getting clearance to go to such an such airport, but they never mention my destination airport

thanks for your help and sorry to go on

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It's no problem how much you ask at this forum 😉

As I understand I think you need to be using the FS9 flight planner which will then import your flight plan to the GPS. You can then press NAV on the autopilot panel so the aircraft follows it.

Press the button under escape to bring up the ATC menu. Ask for clearence to taxi and take off in your desired direction and then progressive taxi so you know where to go.

Hope that helps, if not, come back here 😉

99jolegg wrote:

It's no problem how much you ask at this forum 😉

As I understand I think you need to be using the FS9 flight planner which will then import your flight plan to the GPS. You can then press NAV on the autopilot panel so the aircraft follows it.

Press the button under escape to bring up the ATC menu. Ask for clearence to taxi and take off in your desired direction and then progressive taxi so you know where to go.

Hope that helps, if not, come back here 😉

thanks so much,

the thing with the ATC how do i get them to give say my destination airport? and give me a heading and altitude, as it dosent do this when i just select a direction in which to take of,

spuddi Guest

to get them to say the destination you must have used the - flight planner - in the "create flight" tab.

KU Guest

spuddi wrote:

to get them to say the destination you must have used the - flight planner - in the "create flight" tab.

i used that, but it still dosent mention my destination airport, for give me a flight heading and altitude

KU Guest

actually am i right in thinking it needs to be and IFR flight plan in order for it to be filed with ATC?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes, you need to file an IFR flight plan and then ATC will say "AA143 is cleared IFR to Washington Dulles" etc. It will then give you altitude orders and heading orders as well as handing you off to other frequencies. When you get to your destination, it will tell you to descend and then vector you to the runway

KU Guest

99jolegg wrote:

Yes, you need to file an IFR flight plan and then ATC will say "AA143 is cleared IFR to Washington Dulles" etc. It will then give you altitude orders and heading orders as well as handing you off to other frequencies. When you get to your destination, it will tell you to descend and then vector you to the runway

cheers you have been so helpful everytime i post 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

No problem, thats what we are here for 😉

KU Guest

99jolegg wrote:

No problem, thats what we are here for 😉

am still having trouble with the approaches lol,

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do these guides not help at all?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/7449/can-autopilot-land-aircraft-for-you/

Otherwise have a look at this site, let us know how you get on:

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i would also like some help with AP i downloaded a beoing 767-332ER from simvaton.com it still has the default 777 panel but i found out that you can press an autopilot button so your aircraft stays on the gps course and i cant find so if it has one i would like to know about it.

thanks....jajarbinks.

Pro Member Chief Captain

First off, check that you have a flight plan in the GPS i.e. the pink line from point to point. Then make sure the NAV/GPS switch is on GPS and then press NAV on the autopilot panel. If you cannot find it, try Shift + 1-9 and you should find it in one of those 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

it works thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain

No Problem 😉

KU Guest

so can i do the ILS approach as a low alltitude airways flight?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes, as long as you contact ATC and request an ILS approach and then follow the guide 😀

99jolegg wrote:

Yes, as long as you contact ATC and request an ILS approach and then follow the guide 😀

and i am assuming that it would come up in the ATC box request ILS?

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

If you have created a ILS flight plan you should have an option to file the plan in you ATC options. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...