Buy a Dell or Build a Computer?

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

im thinking of getting a second computer and i can't decide if i should buy a dell or build one. i was planning on building one when the new windows comes out. so i and trying to decide if i should buy a new dell or one form their "outlet." if i do get one i would want it to be a small form computer. do you guys have any reccomendations?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Windows Vista won't be out until the end of 2006 or later.
I would say, build one. You have plenty of time to search the net looking and learning how to.
Then come back and share your newly found knowledge and questions with us.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

if i do end up building one will i have to do alot of upgrading to run the new windows?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Maybe we can help you more if you tell us what are you thinking of use it.A small home network?A storage computer?A game machine?Or just a second one to learn programms like office for example?

I,personally,am a fun of ''build in''and already have build one from old parts for my nephew for limited uses of course.(word ,excel some simple games,encyclopedias etc.)

The Dell model you share with us is a very decent and powerful machine. I have an older Dell model in my office(Pentium 4 2.6Ghz,128 ram)Its very good for offices-companies but not for games or other power hungry applications.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I m not an expert but i dont think that microsoft would build a new system that will runs only to new PCs.The marketing sais that if they want to sell more they must build it in a way that could be supported for at least 3 years models.

Im open to corrections for this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The new Windows will most likely be 64 bit backward compatible with 32 bit software.
Much of the hardware that will be standard in 6-8 months from now will be geared towards 64 bit software.
Take a look at www.newegg.com or www.tigerdirect.com , the hardware is a changing.
Those are the most popular sites that home computer builders go to.

I don't think we're just upgrading our machines (for gaming) but are coming into a new era for hardware.
It had to come sometime and I feel it will be for WVista.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

alright i think ill start saving my money to build one 😀 . then ill get the windows vista when it comes out. im going to try and make one that is good for gaming and some other stuff. i am going to get an amd proccesor cuz those are more efficent (the computer i have now has a p4 and the fan is loud, and yes i got rid of the dust in it)

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

... Ever thought of making the switch to MAC? 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...