Following the "Pink Line"

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

With Autopilot, how do I follow the "Pink Line" to my destination? I seem to have forgotten how to do it Embarassed

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Press the NAV button on the autopilot panel. Also make sure that the NAV and GPS switch is on the GPS side.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

By far the easiest way is to select Autopilot and Nav, make sure that your Nav/GPS switch is on GPS.

Pro Member First Officer

mypilot wrote:

Press the NAV button on the autopilot panel. Also make sure that the NAV and GPS switch is on the GPS side.

Beat me by a minute!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks mypilot and noworries!

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I just tried FEM's "This is for IFR Flight" guide. I did everything in the instructions, but the autopilot didn't line the plane up with the runway - I flew over the airport, lined up with nothing 😕

Pro Member First Officer

I played with GPS approaches a little bit, but the way microsoft programmed the GPS is stupid, so I never use it except for the initial IFR direct GPS route. If it were easier to actually program the GPS without having to click a million stupid buttons with your mouse, then it might be doable...

I think you need to set-up an approach, then activate it, but like I said, it's stupidly complicated the Microsoft way. I always just deviate from the GPS flight plan about 100 miles out when approach tells me to, and they line me up decently with my runway.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...