Accross Country on a single tank of fuel?

Pro Member Trainee
Sean Cherven (DrBogger) Trainee

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering, what aircraft is capable of going accross country on a single tank of fuel? any aircraft, addon or default.

I'm planing on going from New York to California.

Anyone have any ideas on whitch aircraft can handle this?

Thanks.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

737NG, 747, 757, 767, 777, A320. 330, 300, 340, 310, etc.

Pro Member Trainee

Can the default 737-400 in fs2004 do it without refueling?

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

No, from my knowledge the NG series are the only series that can go coast-to-coast.

Pro Member Trainee

Ok, what jetliner do you recomend for flying coast to coast?

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I bet you can get the 737 across the country with only one tank of fuel. Just make sure you pay attention to the fuel flow guage and find the minimum flow number by adjusting the throttles, and don't fly full speed. My guess would be at 255 kias you'll have no problem at 33,000 feet. I've taken the FS2004 747-400 across the atlantic several times, using no where near the full fuel. I've never tried the 737, but it sounds like it may be time to do it! 🙂

I don't remember if FS2002 had a 747, but if it does, that'd be the plane to do it in.

Pro Member Trainee

Where can i download a good 737NG Jetliner?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Even a CRJ can do it.

Here'e a link to some great freeware ones:
http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads-index.php

Scroll down until the Bombadier section.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

A CRJ cannot make it across the country one one tank of fuel, even empty. If you look at the data-sheets for their 900LR model (the biggest/longest range of the CRJ family), its maximum range is around 3700km, or 1500nm (very rough conversion =) ). That leaves you certainly short of the coast =), even if you were flying with a tailwind (i.e. california to new york) the whole way!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

You are most definatley wright but I have done it in the flight sim [FS 2002] before. Thats without the " can't run out of fuel" option. Anyway nowadays I just wonder how i did it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...