Approach to Geneve

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I recently camped on the Swiss shore of lake Gene've, and up until 10:00 pm, there was a steady stream of airliners flying straight down the center of the lake. I finally remembered that I wanted to try it while playing FS9.

ATC absolutely would not clear me to runway 23, the one with the approach over the lake. Even after I had 32 knots of wind blowing down runway 5...so I finally just had to do an approach to runway 23 with a circle to land runway 5...but I landed on runway 23 anyways.

ATC brought me in roughly over the lake, but directed me over France a few times. It was a nice descent with the French Alps on the left and Swiss hills on the right. I couldn't pick out my campsite though.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
atrixo Guest

Did ATC say why they wouldn't accept your request ??

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

atrixo wrote:

Did ATC say why they wouldn't accept your request ??

No, probably a simulator glitch, plus they had traffic already cleared to runway 5, and I don't think the program has the capacity to change AI approaches once they have been approved.

spuddi Guest

i've been to geneva 3 times and each time i was directed to 23, so i'm not sure the problem, are you sure you changed the wind direction?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...