Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Approach to Geneve

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I recently camped on the Swiss shore of lake Gene've, and up until 10:00 pm, there was a steady stream of airliners flying straight down the center of the lake. I finally remembered that I wanted to try it while playing FS9.

ATC absolutely would not clear me to runway 23, the one with the approach over the lake. Even after I had 32 knots of wind blowing down runway 5...so I finally just had to do an approach to runway 23 with a circle to land runway 5...but I landed on runway 23 anyways.

ATC brought me in roughly over the lake, but directed me over France a few times. It was a nice descent with the French Alps on the left and Swiss hills on the right. I couldn't pick out my campsite though.

atrixo Guest

Did ATC say why they wouldn't accept your request ??

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

atrixo wrote:

Did ATC say why they wouldn't accept your request ??

No, probably a simulator glitch, plus they had traffic already cleared to runway 5, and I don't think the program has the capacity to change AI approaches once they have been approved.

spuddi Guest

i've been to geneva 3 times and each time i was directed to 23, so i'm not sure the problem, are you sure you changed the wind direction?