HELP FS2004 GRAPHICS

seXeurobOi Guest

hello...
i have fs2004 and i ahve the following graphics problem as you can see in the image!!!

My computer is XP Pro SP2, DX9.0c, GF4 Ti4800, 1GB DDRRam, 210GB HD, Graphics drivers 77.76.
has anyone else had/have this problem or have they got around it???
let me know asap!!!
thanks

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
seXeurobOi Guest

also the graphics problem only happens on addon aircraft!!! not original!!!!
and it doesnt amtter what graphics setting i have it on!!! HELP!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your card GF4 Ti4800 is starting to show it's age. I wouldn't use the latest drivers, it may not be able to handle them.

Go to your settings and turn off water, shadows and texture, turn down clouds as much as possible, don't check AA in the settings do that in your cards control panel. AA4 AF8.

Turn down traffic. Your scenery and autogen, try them at default or less.

Let us know how you do and what is your CPU.

Default have a low LOD, add ons don't.

Radar

seXeurobOi Guest

hey
it was all ok and perfect untill i formated my computer and reinstalled everything!!! i have AMD XP 2800+.
i dont think its the game, its something to do wif my comp as all my games are starting to show this problem!!!! and before they didnt!!!!
thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just clean out the drivers that you are using now. It sounds to me like they became corrupted in some way.
Load any driver that you've used before and see if that helps, it should.
If you loaded any new program that you never used before that could cause it.
Something running in the background could do it, you have a nice machine and it should handle it.
If you didn't use SP2 before that could cause it but try the drivers first.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Radar

seXeurobOi Guest

yea mate
done all that its the same!!!! ill uninstall it and remove all the registary entries from it!!!! 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good idea, let us know how you do.

Radar

seXeurobOi Guest

i tryed what i said, now i can play with the f*ucked up graphics planes, but the same!!! here is picture what happens with them on the runway!!!

i get the same problme like ine FS2004 in google earth when i switch over from OPENGL to directx!!!! F*cking microsoft directx!!! anyone know how to get it fixed???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Have you tried cleaning out and reinstalling new drivers.
Download DirectX again, it can't harm anything and possibly it didn't install correctly the last time.
I'd go with new drivers after you clean out the old ones.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
OTMAN Trainee

Hi, I have Dell Deminsion 4700 2.80GHz 512MB Ram.
What is the best compatible graphics card I can get for it?please. It has a Radeon x300 series in it now.
Thanks
Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I assume you have a AGP slot. If you get one of the more expensive (powerful) cards you should seriously think about upgrading your power supply. I think Antec is one of the better ones.
Think about adding a fan in the rear of the case also.

This is the latest chart that I have.
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050524/vga_charts-07.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
OTMAN Trainee

Thank you very muchArt

is the PNY GEFORCE 6 6600 any good

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

is the PNY GEFORCE 6 6600 any good

It seems to be close in price and as you see on the chart (see link) it comes close to the ATI Radeon Pro 128 which I have.
Just based on that I would say it's a good card.
Weather it is or not you'd have to get feedback from owners of it and I can't remember any members here that have mentioned it.
For the price range I'd get it if I wasn't an ATI fan.
Good luck with it and let us know how you like it.

Just clean out any old drivers and download the latest ones, you'll see a huge increase in your FPS (depending on your machine of course).
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050524/vga_charts-07.html

Radar

How good is the Geforce 6800gt 256mb

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

How good is the Geforce 6800gt 256mb

It's one of the better cards available today. Which are you looking at, the SLI or PCIe.

Be sure your board can handle it. You'll also need a very good power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?submit=PROPERTY&SubCategory=48&bop=and&description=GeForce+6800&srchInDesc=Geforce%206800gt

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...