speed when turning while taxiing

imagine Guest

Hi, it's me again.

How fast should you go when taxiing and turning while taxiing? I am having some trouble turning at low speeds, so I have been going at 50 and hitting the brakes to turn.

Thanks for the help.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Well I'm no pro but I set throttles at abour 1/4 and bump the brakes to slow and turn....Also you can press F11 to aid in left turns,,and press F12 for right turns...But if going to fast will tip you over...I suggust enabling crashes till you get the hang of it....Tiss what I did.....

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Except for high speed strait taxiing in an airliner, you should keep your speed down around 10-15knots, slower on real sharp turns. When I do 90 deg. turns from rnwy to taxi lanes in the 737, 777, md83,etc. I keep it between 5-8 knots.

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Hehe, the general rule I use, is go as fast as you can. Those clearances aren't valid forever, you know...

I've got turning a 747 on two sets of undercarriage down to a fine art!

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

Hi all you flyers. I have found (on small planes) that it takes a little practice to get the right feel for brakes and throttle while taxiing. I have not flown a large jet yet, so really can't say.

Happy fling all.

JimmyGlockner

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...