Can Anyone Please Explain

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Why I get these strange ,,well,,video echos while flying???? Looks as if I'm seeing a desert mirage...Airports at 3,500 ft. and only a few miles away seem to just flicker....

Also looking down at altitude,back all three directions looks clear,,BUT...Looking out front seems hazy,distorted,and just not right......

Now,,I'm no puter Guru,,but I have plenty of Ram and all that stuff..Along with one of the best video cards you can get they tell me...A radeon 7800 or 9800...I forget...But should be ample whichever...

I'm sure it's a setting but I just can't seem to get it correct...Is this normal for such a good puter???

Or should I be seeing good clear images....HELP......It is frustrating.....

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
bookabeans Trainee

Hi,

Check the ATI web site to see if there are any known issues between your Radeon 7800 or 9800 card and FS.

I have a Radeon 7500 and there is a know issue (reported on ATI's web site) with the single engine Cessna in FS2004 showing what looks like a pair of lines running from the tail of the plane to infinity....very annoying.

Regards,
Kevin

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Kevin....Will do that....Hope it helps......Now then...Where is that web address?????? 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I also get that "flicker" when I see airports a few miles away. It's probably not moving aircraft or flashing lights. I think that it is just the FS program giving you a "heads up" that there is an airfield out there--rather that a section of roadway or cow pasture.

The haze that you see when looking to the front seems realistic to me. When you look through many miles of air you see a lot of dust particles and drops of moisture. Over long distances they comprise "haze" and cut down on the clarity of the scene. When you look down from your aircraft you are only looking through 2 to 4 miles of air (depending on your altitude). Those 2 to 4 miles of air have far fewer particles of dust and moisture, thus the image seems to be sharper.

Glenn 🙂)

Pro Member First Officer

Ahhhhhh... You may be on to something there Paiute....

But now I have a better puter and the graphic card is great........

Thanks for the tip.....Happy flying.....Mason

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...