Centre-line landings

Andy2005 Guest

I was wondering how much of the time you guys make those perfect centre line landings. Quite often the back wheels aren't an equal distance from the line on touchdown but I still get the front wheel on the line. Occasisonally I get all back wheels equal distance from the line and front wheels on the line which is incredibly rewarding. How about you guys?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I am more concerned with how fast and how hard I hit the runway. Very few real landings are right down the center. As long as you don't... mow the lawn, you're ok.

Since you asked, most my landings are near the centerline for sure, with a pretty strict adherence to landing speed. I put them down softly usually (I fly the ATR 72, various 737s and sometimes the 717 or DH8, no heavies), even if it means not landing on the numbers.

Andy2005 Guest

I agree. Landing speed and vert speed are more important, but I still try and get it in the middle without sacrificing landing quality.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I can put my 737-300 on the numbers on the centerline everytime, and just about anything smaller. Except for a few occurences!
https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/

I've been working on the 747's, lately I've been lucky if they hit the runway at all. I recently got the POSKY 747-400 repaint kit, and I have the hardest time with that plane, especially because it doesn't have a glideslope bug, and you can't see out the front of the plane at 175 knots or lower!

crosscheck9 Guest

on landing, if you press shift+enter, it will raise the seat level, and you can see more

Pro Member First Officer

Awesome, going to try that now!

I still miss my Glideslope bug though!

Pro Member First Officer

Crazily, my bug is back...I didn't change anything...hmmm. Adjusting the seat height helped immensely!

I can get the 747 on the center line, but hitting the numbers is still tough. I either forget how high I am sitting and slam her into the ground, or get all jittery knowing how high I am, and float it half way down the runway. I almost ended up in the Potomac at Washington International just now!

Andy2005 Guest

It depends on the plane but I usually press shift+enter about twice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'e never been much of a fan of raised seat landings. I always over-flare because I forget Embarassed

It's just easier for me to stare at the ILS info and speed untill i get GPWS callouts of 50...

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

You arn't supposed to touch down o nthe numbers. You are supposed to land on the 2 bold stripes past the numbers.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

It's just an expression 😀

"On the numbers", meaning "well within the first third of the runway"

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...