AI aircraft: please explain how to do it?

CaptainKW Guest

Ok so i have been trying now for quite awhile to add some AI traffic to my game unsuccessfully. Can someone please explain to me how i do it? I have downloaded

"File Description:
BA Connect (3 variations) Embraer ERJ-145. In January 2006, British Airways began rebranding BA CitiExpress as BA Connect. This update includes G-EMBM, the first (and only) ERJ-145 with BA Connect titles, as well as updates for G-EMBD and G-ERJB. To be used with the EvolveAI Base Files package for FS2004 available separately (evai145.zip).

is this right?? what do i do with it now?? please help its bugging me

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
CaptainKW Guest

i dont understand???? what im saying is....i dont have any planes etc default and i wud like some real world traffic....ie real world liveries.... i can download stuff but i dont know where to save or put it so that it works.....anyone help ??? thanx

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Try ProjectAi. It is the best bet. Because I am lazy I won't put the link in, just google it. ProjectAi has good freeware AI traffic, but the flightplans are a bit old. Plus it is easy to use! Read the documentation on their site.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

i agree 😀

ARD_DC Guest

CaptainKW wrote:

i dont understand???? what im saying is....i dont have any planes etc default and i wud like some real world traffic....ie real world liveries.... i can download stuff but i dont know where to save or put it so that it works.....anyone help ??? thanx

Hi Captain,

By far the best thing to do is to follow the links Radarman provided and get one of the (payware) traffic-addons.

Speaking from experience, Installing additional AI traffic manually is an extremely time-consuming process if you want to add a number of planes that actually make a difference in the sky.

It's not rocket science, but it requires some attention to detail, some organising, a few additional tools like AFCAD and TTools (freeware) and a lot of patience.

To give you my example; I've currently installed some 250+ AI planes (that all work correctly, including the right airline callsigns and everything :lol🙂, into my FS installation, and I am in the process of creating flightplans for western-european countries. I've done about 4 of those ( 🙄 ), covering no more than 5 airports per country, including modifying the airports to cope with the extra traffic. I've been at it for weeks, if not months 😂 learning how to do it and successfully installing planes and flightplans, all by hand. If you're not prepared to spend hours reading helpfiles and google-ing for information, I wouldn't recommend even getting started on it.
If you are prepared though, it can be quite rewarding when you arrive at Stockholm and you see something like the below, instead of the default Orbits and Landmarks Wink

Apologies for disturbing the page layout by the way....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There is a much simpler way if you don't insist on correct flightplans. (You can always add those later if you're so inclined.)

World of AI are continually creating AI Packages. These packages contain only airliners but the textures/airlines represented are correct.
Even if you only install the major carriers, you'll see a difference at every larger airport straight away. Installation is easy but you must use the installer. This installer can also be used to uninstall packages.

To recap: You must get and use the installer. Download as many packages as you like and use the installer to get your AI airlines appearing. That's it 😉

http://www.world-of-ai.com/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...