fs passenders/////unsure?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i have heard of fs passengers and would like t know what they /or it is and what they /or it does. do you see them in the game or what?

i guess what im trying to say is what is fs passengers?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Have a look at there website and froums ➡

FS Passengers & Forum

This should answer all your questions. This is a GREAT addon 🙂)

Andy2005 Guest

Download the demo. It's free! You get all the features you get in the actual game, but you've got to take off from san francisco. It basically lets you run your own business and gives you a scoring system for how well you fly. Something that I think should have been included in flight simulator. You'll get extra points for nice landings and long smooth flights, but if you fly badly your passengers will give your company a bad reputation and the aircraft may sustain damge. Also the failures are a favourite option of mine. It tests your skills in an emergency. You can change the percentage of time you will get a failure. If I want to practice emergencies I set it to 100%. There's loads more that I haven't mentioned but all in all a very good addon.
Andy 😀

Very interesting! but where do i upload it to when it finish downlading?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Just run the Executable

Cool its awseome!!! to bad the free version can only be used in SF...

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Watch out for war zones though. Last night I flew from Managua, Nicaragua to Cali, Columbia in my ATR 72-500. The passengers loved the flight 😀 . I would have made some good money on it except that some coke-head with a rifle 😳 took a pot shot at me 4mi out on final and did almost $400K in damage to my avionics Evil or Very Mad .

Andy2005 Guest

Does anyone have any tips for landing in war zones. I too have trouble landing while getting shot at all the time. All I can think of that could possibly help would be a late and steep approach to avoid the worst, but I doubt the passengers would like it. Any suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain

War zones, get in and get out fast and hard. All I can think of.

Pro Member Chief Captain

war zones realy there are war zones

SWEET! Group Wave Punk

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Theirs a war zone over London (UK)?? London aint a war zone, oh maybe its just no fly zone.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, if you fly over parliment, or maybe the palace, I remember the guy that made FsPax saying that it was a war-zone type thing.

Andy2005 Guest

I think the war zone over London is trying to simulate a terrorism threat during which a plane may be shot down if it is believed the civilian casualties would be lessened. However, I doubt they would shoot you down when you're right over London.

Pro Member Chief Captain

you are flying at less than 6500 ft over parliament... 100% war zone

That's a quote from Dan, the guy that created, and coded FsPax.

Also

...after all, it's a no fly zone...

Same thing will happen on other place in the world too...

BTW: if you don't like this at all... Just have to remove the line in the DANGEROUS.cfg file, found in the CONFIG folder!

Pagir

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

So I downloaded the demo, and I'm not buying the game.

My first taste of the game was when my co-pilot called out an emergency, and there was nothing wrong with the plane. I looked over everything and it was all peachy. I thought, maybe it's a medical emergency, I dunno, this is dumb, so I diverted and got on the ground, and got fined because there wasn't really an emergency, but I called one anyways.

Then I seem to be crashing a lot more...one crash it said that my decent on impact was -480 fpm, which it wasn't, I checked the flight recorder on MSFS, and the last recorded descent rate was less than fifty. Three crashes on nice landings after 1-3 hour flights is no good.

Click>Uninstall.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I will havew to think it over

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I am so glad I fly cargo. 😂

I might try it though...just to confirm how badly I fly. Yucky

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

For the hell of it, I downloaded it and installed it. Printed out the "Print Me Please!" and followed the instructions.

It told me it would start my flight with a 737 from KSFO to KLAX.

SURPRISE!!! What should await me, but my Lockheed TriStar which handled very strangely while taxiing. Lined up on the runway with the prescribed flaps, applied power, circled to starboard into the bay. Apparently, even though the panel showed my starboard engine running, it wasn't.

I may try it again...or not. ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

lol! It said that it's very important to check for assymetrical thrust before taking off. I haven't had that problem yet, but it's pretty funny.

Another thing I've been noticing is that ATC doesn't work right with this game installed. I keep getting late descents, and overfly the airport at about 8,000 feet, instead of the normal interception to the glideslope. I even tried slowing to about 220 knots, spoilers out, with a 2,400 fpm descent(surprisingly the passengers don't mind that). My missed approaches are hurting my arrival times!

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

sorry to read about your experiences. I have not had too many problems, one crash from a bird strike, and twice my gear would not go down, but was able to belly land and save the passengers. Other than that I think it has added a much needed dynamic to the sim. some real life issues that FS kind of glossed over.
I started from scratch, with a single engine Beach, and have been building hours and points. I am now up to 47 hours without a crash and am flying twin turbo porps, working towards that first jet liner.
You may want to give it another go.

gazpode_l Guest

I downloaded fs passengers on saturday after reading some of the comments here within this very page of this very forum. I FINALLY managed to try it out on sunday afternoon/evening. 🙂 Now lately with f/sim i usually do 1 flight lasting about 15-20 minutes, land and exit out to play something else, as I WAS beginning to get bored with it! 🙄 NOT ANYMORE! 😎

FS PASSENGERS actually gives you something to achieve, where you actually have to cater for proper virtual passengers, rather than imagine they are on board, now it feels like your plane actually comes alive! 😳 😎

Hell when the stewardess knocked on my door asking if I would like some coffee, I actually looked round, thinking somebody was behind me. 😉

My first flight was a disastor. I took off from concord which Is a small airfield nr SF which is about the size of about bournemouth here in the UK but with only 5000ft of runway it's a big job getting a proper airliner off the ground there..perhaps some runway extentions and extra gates need to be added by me later tonight or tomorrow, using AFCAD!

Anyway concord was the sample war zone and I took off and got hit by considerable ground fire. Left engine gone, circled round to land, avionics got shot, and I crash landed hard killing all aboard.

Chose not to register this flight, and proceeded to edit the config file to remove the warzone, and eventually struggled to get the thing airbone (my erj170) I eventually landed in santa barbara after 1hr flight time, a trip which I should have been 45 mins TOPS actually took me longer as I came in too high first time and had to circle round..

My rating was crap! more later 😉
Gaz

FoxFoxGolfPapa Guest

I have to work on my english, but if understood you rigth, you crash your plane at a descent rate of 480 fps. Besides, you said that actually it was at 50 fps. The only reason I can accept is a simulator screw up. International regulations state that any airplane, prior to be given it´s airworthiness certificate, must demostrate it´s capability to resist hard landings. And "hard" is a rate of -600fps at MLW and -360 fps at MTOW. And trust me, a landing at more than -300 fps at touchdown is not...pleasant. Not the aircraft complaints, your but is crushed. Based on my experience 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...