Need Help to change the Language

Guest Guest

I have one question, please help me if possible
I have bought FS2004 in Russian translation, but my computer doesn't have all the system fonts so Im having trouble understanding the jibberish text,
does anyone know how to change the text back to English, I'm sure this is possible since it's a translation to Russian, please help as soon as possible.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The flight sim is made in many languages, so far we've found out you can't change one language for another.

Radar

guest Guest

actually I ment it's actually a English version but just translated, do you know what files controll the languages in FS 2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No, besides the language.dll in the (root) main folder there is the font and script folder. They may not have to do with what you want or there may be others.
If you get to work in there back up whatever you do.

Radar

guest Guest

Thank you 🙂

Ludis Guest

We're really glad you find them ufsuel (and took the time to let us know). If there's anything in particular you're looking for but can't find let us know and we'll try to create it for you.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand the predicament you're in. It can be quite perplexing to navigate a flight simulation program like FS2004 when it's not in a language you're familiar with. Not to worry, it's indeed possible to change the language back to English from Russian in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (FS2004). Here are the steps to achieve that:

1. Locate the root folder of your FS2004 installation. This will usually be in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9.
  2. Once you're in the root folder, find the file called language.dll. This DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file contains the language settings for FS2004.
  3. Before we proceed, it's crucial to make a backup of the language.dll file in case something goes wrong. You can do this by simply copying the file and pasting it somewhere safe on your hard drive.
  4. Next, you need an English version of the language.dll file. You may be able to find this by doing a simple search online, or by reaching out to Microsoft support directly.
  5. Once you have the English version of language.dll, replace the Russian one in the FS2004 root folder with the new English one. Simply drag and drop it into the folder.
  6. Start your FS2004. The language should now be in English.

This method should change the language from Russian to English, making your experience with FS2004 much smoother.

However, if you're considering upgrading to newer platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 or X-Plane 12, I would like to mention that these platforms come with multi-language support right out of the box. You can easily switch between languages from the settings panel, making it a much more convenient process than FS2004.

From my knowledge, the process I've outlined above is specific to FS2004, and may not apply to these newer platforms. However, rest assured that the language change in these newer platforms is a straightforward process, thanks to their enhanced user interfaces and improved support for multiple languages.

Please ensure to follow the steps carefully and always remember to back up any files before replacing them. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to reply. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...