offshore platforms

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Having made 100's of 'copter flights to drilling rigs etc. I would love to do it in FS.
Having trawled past posts and topics the only thing I've come across is a download for 'rigs off Alaska which were only "look see". Anyone know of any download(s) for offshore platforms or structures that one might land on??

[[As an aside - yes radarman - took your advice from when I first made contact with FASim - I've just moved from 2002 to 2004 😎 but watch out for lots of new queiries no doubt! 😂 😂 ]]

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I did a quick search on Hover Control http://www.hovercontrol.com and didn't see any offshore platforms, but they have lots of really cool heliports.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Thanks Noworries - from your hint found a mountaintop pad structure in Oahu (I assume in Hawaii) which approximates very closely in size but no cranes or legs to crash into!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here are some downloadable oil rigs, whether you can land on them Dont Know .
Check the read-me carefully Rules , some may require pay-ware scenery to be added.
Be sure to get the right setting in the sim so they're "solid".

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=oil&CatID=fs2004scen&Go=Search

Glad to see that you now have FS9, I hope you enjoy the new improvements, questions...ask away, the members here are a very helpful group.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

I found 3 platforms just northeast of Galveston Island,TX. Look for a regional airport in that area. The rigs are about 10 miles off shore or less. I came across them a few weeks ago when I was on a flight from DFW to TPA in a MD-83. As I passed over Galveston, TX and entered the Gulf I could easily see them at 14,000 feet. I was on my climb to 30,000. Look for them in the General Galveston or Houston shorelines. I do not know if they have landing platforms.

TIP😛erhaps take a single-engine or twin-prop small aircraft out of IAH or HOU or Galveston to locate them first. Then take the copter to the rigs.

AstroSteve Radar

Pro Member Trainee
basys Trainee

Hi Folks

verygom -
If you are still looking for offshore platforms
please have a look at - ODG-UKEZ-Offshore-Scenery Packages-Released

PS
We'd been developing these over at Hovercontrol sinc Oct 2004.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...