help with dash 6 twin otter

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

can someone please help me. i downloaded this aircraft and extracted it to my aircraft folder, but when i went to fly it it is missing all the guages. i know i'm missing something here or didn't do something right. i also tried to drop the guages in the guages folder, but that didn't work either. when downloaded and extracted to a temp folder i get three folders and two dat files. the folders i get are aircraft, guages and modules. any help appreciated.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Make sure that you copy the contents of the Gauges folder (not the folder)you downloaded, to the the FS9 Gauges folder. If you did copy the Gauges (downloaded)folder en bloc to the FS9 Gauges folder then you should have a Gauges sub folder in the FS9 Gauges folder with the same contents as the Downloaded folder. I suggest you delete this sub folder but only if it is a duplicate of the Gauges file you downloaded - although it wont do any harm if you leave it in there.
If this doesn't work - let me know the name of the zip file you downloaded and where you downloaded it - I'll have a look.
Hope this helps.
Dave

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

i just copied and pasted the contents of the guages folder into the fs9 guages folder and now have guages, but i thought this aircraft had a virtual cockpit also. i'm looking into that right now. here's where i got this plane: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/301/fs2004-air-labrador-dhc6-300-twin-otter/

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Had a look at your download source and the blurb does not specifically state that a VC is included which usually means that it is not.
There are several Dash 6's with VC available at avsim .com - go into File Library and Search under FS2004 aircraft for Twin Otter but watch out as some are textures/repaints only.
Best of Luck
Dave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...