Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

NO CD patch for CFS3?

Pro Member Trainee
FugaweDave Trainee

Is there a NO CD PATCH available for CFS3

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Also added CFS No-CD patch to Fly Away:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15256/microsoft-combat-flight-simulator-3-no-cd-patch/



Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Trainee
FugaweDave Trainee

Very Happy Thanks for the info

Pro Member Trainee
OTMAN Trainee

The no cd patch for cfs3 didn't work for me even after i reloaded cfs3. I get this..
This application has failed to start Common.DLL was not found????
any ideas?
Art Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go back and try again, you may have replaced the wrong "icon".
Save what you take out, you may have to put it back.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
OTMAN Trainee

I'm not sure if I understand you, coud you break it down a bit more for m. What do you mean by go back and try again, try what, reloading cfs3?
Thanks for your patience
Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have the sim but I just downloaded the patch from here.
It seems to be similar to the one for FS9, all you do is look for the one (in the main folder) that looks like the downloaded one and take out the one in the main folder (save it somewhere) and replace it with the downloaded one.
They both can't be in there at the same time.

You may have to reinstall if it became mixed up.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Guest

thans i'll give it a try

Guest

tHANK YOU tHANK YOU ALL SET Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Group Wave Fantastic! Enjoy! Group Wave

Radar

Guest

can you please post the patch. it is not on the simaviation site and this site will not give me a memebrship. I paid the 5 bucks yesterday and I am still waiting for htem to activate my memebrship. Ineed this file bad.
thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

can you please post the patch. it is not on the simaviation site and this site will not give me a memebrship. I paid the 5 bucks yesterday and I am still waiting for htem to activate my memebrship. Ineed this file bad.
thanks

Here's the CFS3 patch.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15256/microsoft-combat-flight-simulator-3-no-cd-patch/

Radar

Guest

FugaweDave wrote:

Is there a NO CD PATCH available for CFS3


Pro Member Trainee
LEDUCK Trainee

FugaweDave wrote:

Is there a NO CD PATCH available for CFS3

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums LEDUCK! Cheers!

Now whatever your intensions, please don't turn RadarMan into a broken record! He is very much in demand here at Flyaway and we'd like to keep him the way he is Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
frankb8321 Trainee

I'm having the same problem and am getting the message cannot find COMMON.dll i have unistalled and reinstalled the game a few times now but it still won't work?
Anyone know what i can do, please keep it simple i'm not very computer literate, thanks!

Pro Member Trainee
frankb8321 Trainee

doesn't matter got it sorted woohoo!! Group Wave

FresnoAce Guest

Hello RadarMan:
I had to post as a guest since my membership is being validated again (had to sign up as new again) - Just curious - will the "No CD Key/Crack for CFS 3 work on my CFS 2? I can't find one for 2 anywhere on Internet. On this website I find one for the original CFS and CFS 3, but not CFS 2. I imagine that they all use a similar programming scheme to check for the CD, but want to make sure before I install either one.
Thanx,
FresnoAce

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FresnoAce wrote:

Hello RadarMan:
I had to post as a guest since my membership is being validated again (had to sign up as new again) - Just curious - will the "No CD Key/Crack for CFS 3 work on my CFS 2? I can't find one for 2 anywhere on Internet. On this website I find one for the original CFS and CFS 3, but not CFS 2. I imagine that they all use a similar programming scheme to check for the CD, but want to make sure before I install either one.
Thanx,
FresnoAce

Found it.

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/combatflightsimulator2.shtml

http://gbw.arcadebox.net/dl.php?file=CombatFlightSimulator2v1.0NoCDFixedexe.zip

Radar

guest Guest

Anyone know where i can get a fs2004 no cd patch/key?

guest Guest

thx radar, just went to gameburnworld and there it was. doh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

guest wrote:

thx radar, just went to gameburnworld and there it was. doh!

Good to go, enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
desertrat Trainee

FresnoAce wrote:

Hello RadarMan:
I had to post as a guest since my membership is being validated again (had to sign up as new again) - Just curious - will the "No CD Key/Crack for CFS 3 work on my CFS 2? I can't find one for 2 anywhere on Internet. On this website I find one for the original CFS and CFS 3, but not CFS 2. I imagine that they all use a similar programming scheme to check for the CD, but want to make sure before I install either one.
Thanx,
FresnoAce

The link for the original CFS no-CD crack is invalid....

Anybody know where I can get it???

Desertrat Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Browsw through this page and yo'll find it:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

RadarMan-- We've had, ahem, disagreement on other topics in the past... but this one is no issue, in my view: If we buy the software, we should be able to run it without the damned disk. Period, dot.

Well done on the crack code for CFS3. You and CRJ are my heroes.

Cheers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

greystone wrote:

RadarMan-- We've had, ahem, disagreement on other topics in the past... but this one is no issue, in my view: If we buy the software, we should be able to run it without the damned disk. Period, dot.

Well done on the crack code for CFS3. You and CRJ are my heroes.

Cheers.

Very Happy I think we all agree that since we bought it legally we have the right to use it as we may, the crack saves time and trouble. Not considering the constant wear and tear on the CD drive itself.
Long live the NO-CD Crack developers.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

what is the exact folder to put the cd crack in?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

krichard wrote:

what is the exact folder to put the cd crack in?

The main folder, root folder.
NO-CD cracks usually look like the original .exe in there.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

what is the name of the main file?
Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

krichard wrote:

what is the name of the main file?
Group Wave

I can't tell you the exact name of it since I don't have it.

Go to Microsoft games and the folder that is CFS? 1, 2 or 3 that's the main folder.
The one that holds everything. You'll have many folders in it and below will be the exe that you want to exchange.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

thanks Cheers!

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

i tried it and i put it in the main folder and i downloaded it and i put it in the cfs3 icon and i tried loading cfs3 and it says "canot find cd rom" Cheers!Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

krichard wrote:

i tried it and i put it in the main folder and i downloaded it and i put it in the cfs3 icon and i tried loading cfs3 and it says "canot find cd rom" Cheers!Cheers!

You have to take out the old and replace it with the crack.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

ill try it
Surprised

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

it did not work Mad Exclamation

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

can u put all the step on yor response
Rolling Eyes Shocked Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Combat Flight Simulator?.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Follow the read-me that came with the crack.

I think (if it's CFS2) you replace the little icon of a pilot with the crack icon of a pilot.

Don't forget, I said I don't have it but that's the way all cracks work. This one may look different.

Radar

denitwarnu Guest

but, den it warn u of someting like disc not in. den you click it away a few times and da tupid ting starts to work Confused

Pro Member First Officer
krichard First Officer

it worked thank Exclamation Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

krichard wrote:

it worked thank Exclamation Group Wave

Very Happy Finally! Have a good time with it!

Radar

moe,larry,curly Guest

Confused my mosaic file editor won't open???????????
says that i must make sure that i have directX 9 or better?
i checked and tried to reinstall directx but, when i do it says you already have direct x 9c or better?
and can anybody get the documents open that comes with the aircraft buildin, and vehicle SDK? Confused

Pro Member Trainee
JackInRichmond Trainee

where should i look to find the instructions for installing and setting up the no cd patch ?

thanks

ps- lovin' that P55 avenger with the new gforce8800gts512

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JackInRichmond wrote:

where should i look to find the instructions for installing and setting up the no cd patch ?

thanks

ps- lovin' that P55 avenger with the new gforce8800gts512

There should be a read-me in with the crack.
If not, just replace the one that looks the same in the main folder with the crack folder one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
JackInRichmond Trainee

i figured out how to do the no cd thing.. basically, download and unzip the no cd folder, then replace the cfs application file in your combat flight simulator 3 folder with the downloaded no cd version of the cfs application file.

i found that my cfs3 ran poorly after the no cd update was completed. i switched back to the original cfs application file and everything runs fine again. that crack may not be right for everyone i guess.. or there is a better crack somewhere else. i noticed that the downloaded cfs application file was quite a bit smaller than the original file.

i am now running cfs3 with all the boxes checked and the quality level set to all 5's. i would recommend the geforce 8800 gts 512 card to anyone.. well worth the extra $$'s

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The crack is usually smaller than the exe it replaces, if you use the right one for the right version it should work well.
As long as you have it running to your satisfaction leave it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hmikey55 Trainee

Flyaway wrote:

Also added CFS No-CD patch to Fly Away:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15256/microsoft-combat-flight-simulator-3-no-cd-patch/

i got the no cd patch for cfs1 but it wont work got other patches and say say cant find dll file please help

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hmikey55 wrote:

Flyaway wrote:

Also added CFS No-CD patch to Fly Away:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15256/microsoft-combat-flight-simulator-3-no-cd-patch/

i got the no cd patch for cfs1 but it wont work got other patches and say say cant find dll file please help

If you replaced it with the right one then it should work.
Download it again and replace it.
Keep the original, put that in if the crack won't work and see if you get the same error message.

I don't really understand what your saying.

Radar

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics