Aviation Movie on DVD

geraldowunstell Guest

Haven't seen this but it looks interesting. A flight attendant actually wrote and produced it. It's called the Aviary.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Review of the movie: I watched the trailer. Yawn Sleep

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Very kind of you geraldowunstell...But seems to be another story with a predictable romantic end.I think women would like it...(Not offended to women)....Although i see some nice girls... 😉

geraldowunstell Guest

I have to admit, I have always has an adoration of flight attendants and watching them and finding out what the flight attendant who made it wants to tell the world seems worth a watch to me - to each his (or her) own.

It's also possible I just like chick-flicks I suppose (they do tend to have more ladies in them after all) 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Review of the movie: I watched the trailer. Yawn Sleep

Radar

This seems better ➡
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408790/

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

So what exactly is the plot? Do they just fly around and wait for stuff to happen? That's what it looks like.

The Jodie Foster flick looks like a flake, what a dumb idea for a movie. Blah.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Where is Hanniball?????
Just kiding 😉 😉 😉

Jodie is a great actress(I like ''The Room'')and she has an always ''leave on the edge'' style at her movies.It seems to be an interesting movie.The only thing that remains is to know how much is close or far from the truth.....

Thanks Chris.I havent heard of this movie.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chris,
I've seen the promos on TV for that movie, I don't now if it's going to be a movie about the "super plane" or her lost kid, whichever. I too have always enjoyed her fine performances.
Thanks for the link.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I will agree with you that Jodie is a great actress.

She is also a great example at why actresses should not direct movies.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I see a heronic style about this actress and im sure that you must have some reasons to say so.Without being a promoter or fan of her, i would like to know the reason.Just for knowledge.If you like share your thought with us. 😉

Friendly 😉

Pro Member First Officer

I've always been a fan of Jodie Foster's, from Taxi Driver, to Silence of the Lambs, to Contact, even the lesser known movies like Anna and the King and Little Man Tate. She's an exceptional actress who flows into her rolls and isn't just being herself, but actually acting, which is rare these days.

But the movies she has a hand in directing/producing are starting to all look alike with the absolute desperation, the crazy camera angles, and the goofy chess feeling where it seems like the characters wait for each other to make a move instead of acting on gut instinct.

My least favorite thing she does is the camera angles, first in Panic Room and now in this one. They would be alright in a slower film, but they are painstakingly long and completely out of place in action movies.

I looked up a list of her director credits, and they didn't list Panic Room, but I remember very clearly that they credited that as her film.

I miss the Jodie from Freaky Friday or Maverick, where she was devoted soley to acting, and not to the actual production of the film.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

I've always been a fan of Jodie Foster's, from Taxi Driver, to Silence of the Lambs, to Contact, even the lesser known movies like Anna and the King and Little Man Tate. She's an exceptional actress who flows into her rolls and isn't just being herself, but actually acting, which is rare these days.

But the movies she has a hand in directing/producing are starting to all look alike with the absolute desperation, the crazy camera angles, and the goofy chess feeling where it seems like the characters wait for each other to make a move instead of acting on gut instinct.

My least favorite thing she does is the camera angles, first in Panic Room and now in this one. They would be alright in a slower film, but they are painstakingly long and completely out of place in action movies.

I looked up a list of her director credits, and they didn't list Panic Room, but I remember very clearly that they credited that as her film.

I miss the Jodie from Freaky Friday or Maverick, where she was devoted soley to acting, and not to the actual production of the film.

Well you approach the point from a different angle and i have to admit that you have some right notices.Nice analysis with right assumptions.

Thanks for the knowledge. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here's a complete listing of her films, a an actress, director, producer etc.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000149/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...