Emergency Landing??

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

Ok??? I’m on final from KATL to KFLL. I’m 32 NM from the airport and my number 2 engine dies out due to fuel starvation. I turn cross feed on to try to savage some fuel. I wanted to make an Emergency Landing not knowing if my number 1 engine would hold. Does anyone know if I can do this in FS2004?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
crosscheck9 Guest

Well, it seems you were on a very long final, too long if you ask me. Generally, I find aircraft are on final about 15nm's out, but it's ok, there are some exceptions. In the sim, I don't think you can declare an emergency, but if you type in ..I think it was...7700 in your transponder, I don't think the sim should bother you about landing somehwere else. In that case, you'd have to check to see if other airports would support your aircraft first. Then check to see if the approach will end up using more fuel than that of the amount your consuming on finals. However, in some aircraft, you should be able see How many gallons per minute, (I think that was the rate) are being consumed. Knowing that, you'd be able to deduce if the aircraft would make it. By the way, I just thought I'd tell you, I think the aircraft can land with such a low amount of fuel. I hope that helps, however, I'm sure someone else will come by and throw in his two cents.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Just for so every body knows:
**** = Hijack
7600 = Lost Communications
7700 = Emergency

Last edited by Sam (SamIntel) on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Littleal100 wrote:

Ok??? I’m on final from KATL to KFLL. I’m 32 NM from the airport and my number 2 engine dies out due to fuel starvation. I turn cross feed on to try to savage some fuel. I wanted to make an Emergency Landing not knowing if my number 1 engine would hold. Does anyone know if I can do this in FS2004?

With defualt FS ATC you can't. But if you fly online with VATSIM(Virtual Air Traffic) you talk to real people acting as controlers, and it's just like real life:
www.vatsim.net

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

SamIntel wrote:

Just for so every body knows:
7500 = Hijack
7600 = Lost Communications
7700 = Emergency

It's probably not the best idea to distrabute that Hijack code on the net. That's just the way I think. Anyway thanks for the info. 😀

crosscheck9 Guest

It's probably not the best idea to distrabute that Hijack code on the net. That's just the way I think. Anyway thanks for the info.

True, True, but I nothing can be hidden from the public. If I knew it, and SamIntel knew it, I think any hijacker would probably know it, or try to find something like it. You can find this information anywhere online, but I agree, it's not a great thing to be distributing, and yet this is an aviation website, so it's no surprise that such information would be found here

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Trust me, anyone determined to hijack an airliner will know the 7500 code (and all the others). These days at least... in the old days I doubt they even knew what a squawk code is or where to find the box. Alas, no more.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...