FS2004 "Insert Disc 4"... IT IS! Problem

fog52 Guest

Just got FS 2004, uninstalled FS2002 Pro, installed 2004 successfully to my G: drive (it told me "Install Successful" at end). Clicked "Run Now", it told me to insert Disc 4, which is in the drive! Agh! It won't even run at all! I also found FS2004 .flt files in my "coolpro2" folder on the C drive! There's no virus prob, system is clean, FS2002 Pro ran without a hitch, what's the deal here??

I have:
Compaq Presario 533
384 meg RAM
GForce2 64 meg gfx card & 4/1/04 drivers
Dual partioned HDs (C:/D:, and G:/H🙂 E:/F: are CD drives

I was told by M$ tech support to return 2004 to store, tech said it was bad. It's not! The 2nd copy does same thing, even when reinstalled. Cant get past the "Insert Disc 4" popup, not even a bootscreen or anything!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try using the "no-cd-crack" and if that doesn't work we'll try something else.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/41/fs-2004-no-cd-crack-file/

OK, update...

All's well! I DL'd the No CD Patch here at FlyAway & everything is 100%!
Un-freakin' believeable that it should be this much of a hassle to get things running. You guys were more help than M$ was. I've been simming since the subLogic A2-FS1 days (Apple ][ - FS1 1979) and never had this much of a headache over any ware.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm very glad that it worked, super. 👍 Punk Clap
Now I bet the reason it didn't work is a problem with your CD drive.

Pro Member Trainee
fog52 Trainee

That did cross my mind, but I have dual drives & it wouldn't boot in either of them... one is a 52x Creative, & the other is a Philips 12x burner. They're both relatively new drives... about a yr old each, and name brands... not those off-brand poofter drives that need replacement twice a year. They work fine on everything else...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Well don't sweat it now, it's up and running. The CD drive may have a problem with recognizing any other than the "C" drive. It's a tough one.
I'm not familiar with Compaq, is that only 533mb, and what OS are you running 98 gold?
Just make certain that you have the best drivers for your video card and don't max out the details until you see the fps.

👍

It's a Compaq Presario 7470, 533 Mhz (agh), and my OS is XP Pro. The video card is a GeForce2-64meg, plus 384 meg system RAM. The drivers are the latest from Nvidia, dated 4/1/04

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

It's a Compaq Presario 7470, 533 Mhz (agh), and my OS is XP Pro. The video card is a GeForce2-64meg, plus 384 meg system RAM. The drivers are the latest from Nvidia, dated 4/1/04

👍 That's the lowest end computer that I've ever seen FS9 run on. Whatever your doing keep it up.
The way you love this sim I wish you could get a faster machine.
Good luck and enjoy, you are a true hobbyist! Bow Down

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...