My first perfect flight

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Well I just flew my first perfect comm. flight, I did everything just right.

Flight EO470 End of flight report Date October 29 2005

Flight ID: EO470
Pilot: Jack High
Company: Pacifica Airlines
Aircraft: 727-200 Avianca
Flight Date: October 29 2005
Departure: 12h55 (17h55 GMT)
Arrival: 13h23 (18h24 GMT)
To: KSPS - Sheppard Afb Wichita Fall - Usa
Nbr of Passengers: 83

Report:

Flight Distance: 99 Nm Landing Speed: 209.86 kt
Time Airborne: 00h26:47 Landing Touchdown: -136.2 ft/m (kiss)
Flight Time (block): 00h29:28 Landing Pitch: 1.70°
Time On Ground: 00h04:11 Landing Weight: 184881 lbs
Average Speed: 223.34 kt Total Fuel Used: 4822 lbs
Max. Altitude: 4839ft Fuel Not Used: 44167 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Very good flight, professionally done (98%) <--only 98% due to some turbulance

Overall Flight Result: Perfect

Pilot Bonus points: 150 points
You made a very smooth landing. (+50)
Good Flight, no problems and satisfied passengers. (+100)

I know it's a short flight, but I get bored with long flightss haha.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Congradulations 👏

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Your max altitude was only 4,800 feet? Why if I might ask?

Pro Member First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Your max altitude was only 4,800 feet? Why if I might ask?

I dont know, I guess since it was a short flight, I didnt need to be up so high?

What would you reccomend?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I am not trying to rain on your parade. FS Passengers monitors specific aspects of a flight. Descent at touchdown, G forces, etc. It overlooks a lot of other things

Landing at 209Kts. is high. You also landed with way too much fuel still on board. As FEM pointed out, your altitude was a bit low. The higher your altitude, the thinner the air, the less the drag, the less fuel you burn. The 727 can easily climb 1200 ft. per minute. Now I'm not sure I'd climb to 12,000 ft for a 99NM flight, but I could easily do so with a 727.

That leads me to the fact that a 727 might be overkill on so short a flight.

All of that said, it was still a nice flight. When you can bring a plane down that gently, the passengers will love you.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I would say go up as high as you can, and leave a few miles between climb and descent. Crashgordon said it right. You were going too fast, but that can be corrected. The 727 is not too big, so you should be able to get it down at around 135-140 kts, but you might need a little more with so much fuel. With that said, I understand you haven't been flying for too long, so in such a short time, acheiving a landing that is ON the runway is very good. It took me some time to get used to it, but your getting there 😉

PS: As CG said, flying a 727 for such a quick flight wasn't a neccesity. I'd recommend taking something a little smaller, like an embraer 145/170, or anything else.

Pro Member First Officer

Well its a good thing that I'm new at this 😀 I knew the 727 was overkill for such a short flight, I was just bored.

But I didnt see how much fuel I used, 4K lbs? Thats not even 750 gallons! 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

It isn't how much you used as how much you still had when you landed. You can adjust the amount of fuel you have to fit the length of the flight. Calculate for at least an hour longer than the flight will be.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

You usee add-on software to get all the passenger ratings and that, right? Like Just Flight's "FS Airline" maybe?

Pro Member Chief Captain

FS Passengers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...