FS2004

herkman Guest

I am retired air force, I would like to buy FS2004. However I need some answers to some questions, because I would hate to buy, and then find I could not use it.

I want to fly the C130 Hercules, preferring the E model.

I believe that I will have to buy an add on software pack to do this. Can anyone tell me where I can buy this pack.

I believe I also have to buy a patch, to allow the C130 pack to interface with FS2004.

I live in Aiustralia, and would appreciate any advice and councell that you may care to make.

Many thanks

Colin C Tigwell
Downunder

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Avianca Guest

There's a lot of free planes on the web including the beautifull C130, so here's my advice, visit www.avsim.com, then you'll have to register, it's free. once registered click on "File Libary" and seach for hercules c130

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You should be able to find a C-130 to your liking without having to buy any payware, and I don't know of any reason you would have to buy a patch to run it. There are tons of add ons that are free and don't require a patch to run.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

If you're ex aircrew and "know what its all about" then the Captainsim Herk mentioned by RM will probably give you the most enjoyment. Among the 10 versions in the down load is the C-130E of the Royal Australian Airforce - take a tour round their website and compare with the others.
Several of us in FAS are now flying the Captainsim aircraft which only came out a few days ago.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer
Pro Member Trainee
herkman Trainee

Thanks guys you have helped a lot.

Did not understand that I had so many options.

Regards

Col

Downunder

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

One look at my signature will show you what I recommend.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Forgive my ignorance Crash... is the signature the picture under your Chief Captain (lapel I think it's called) ?? 😎

I've also noticed that you're wearing a scarf 🤔

Has your privately owned airline fallen on hard times to the extend that you guys have to fly without a bubble? ROFL

Regards,
Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Forgive my ignorance Crash... is the signature the picture under your Chief Captain (lapel I think it's called) ?? 😎

I've also noticed that you're wearing a scarf 🤔

Has your privately owned airline fallen on hard times to the extend that you guys have to fly without a bubble? ROFL

Regards,
Rick

NO, the signature pic is not the one under the shoulder board/epaulet (sp?).

Scarf, oh you mean like Errol Flynn?

Nope, my ego is so big, my head won't fit in the cockpit. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL

High level humor from great minds... 😉 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...