Disaster videos.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Here's a link to AirDisaster.com. There they have many free videos to download [even for 56k] of disaters. It's not nice to see some of the disasters but I thought some of you would like to know about the site if you didn't know about it.

😳 The Mandarin MD-11 really ran into a lot of trouble. 😳 Although it's interesting to watch it really gave me the shivers. How about you?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Where's the link? 😳

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Embarassed 😂 Hehe, sorry forgot about he link.

Here it is: http://www.airdisaster.com/movies/

The Mandarin MD-11 really ran into a lot of trouble. Although it's interesting to watch it really gave me the shivers. How about you?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Better late than never - interesting looking site

Thanks,
Rick

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

I liked the flight 232 one. it is amazing that anyone survived it

Pro Member Trainee
glen4cindy Trainee

Nate66 wrote:

That accident was recently featured on a program that is called Seconds From Disaster.

I'm interested in aircraft accidents of all sorts. I don't enjoy them, don't think that, but, when they happen, I follow the investigation. The ones that really touch me are the ones like UA 232 where the pilots and passengers find themselves at the hands of fate when a mechanical breakdown forces the accident. To me, this is very different from the crash near Cali, Columbia. In that accident, the PIC reprogrammed the FMC which resulted in flying them into a mountain. To the pilot's credit, ATC did not have working radar, but, still, the pilot was responsible for this one.

I think of this accident, the accident where the maintenance folks did not remove the duct tape from the pitot static ports that caused the plane to fly into the ground because the instruments lied to the pilots, and the ATC was reading info from the transponder that gave him incorrect information. How about the Air Alaska that tried to save money on maintenance and this ended up resulting in the stabilizer malfunctioning. Also, I think it was a United that had a rudder malfunction. These types of accidents place the pilot and passengers at the hands of fate. Like Nate66 pointed out, survival is simply amazing because the airplane is coming down like it or not.

Sorry for rambling.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

is the flight 232 one the one where the engine in the tail broke apart and severed the hydraulic lines?

I think i saw a documentary about this, there was another pilot aboard as a passenger and the pilot, co-pilot and extra pilot brought her home to 'land' using mostly throttle control, the passenger pilot operated the throttles while the other 2 struggled with what little control they had left..

did the pilot and so on survive this accident?

I remember a harrowing account by one of the stewardesses who was being burned while inside the aircraft, if I remember rightly quite a few people were thrown out of the aircraft as it crashed too

Pro Member Trainee
glen4cindy Trainee

Yes, this is the one you are thinking about.

I don't remember a flight attendant being burned inside, but, I do remember the chief flight attendant instructed a passenger to place her infant on the floor as per UA policy at that time. This act resulted in this baby being burned to death in the cabin. That is not to say the infant would have survived, but, it has haunted the flight attendant since that day.

The passenger you speak of was a DC-10 flight instructor as it turned out, and used differential thrust to guide the aircraft to the runway thru a series of right turns, but, they ended up on the wrong runway!

It is simply amazing that anyone survived that crash. Many other flight crews have not been so lucky after a major mechanical malfunction.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

glen4cindy wrote:

Nate66 wrote:

That accident was recently featured on a program that is called Seconds From Disaster.

I'm interested in aircraft accidents of all sorts. I don't enjoy them, don't think that, but, when they happen, I follow the investigation. The ones that really touch me are the ones like UA 232 where the pilots and passengers find themselves at the hands of fate when a mechanical breakdown forces the accident. To me, this is very different from the crash near Cali, Columbia. In that accident, the PIC reprogrammed the FMC which resulted in flying them into a mountain. To the pilot's credit, ATC did not have working radar, but, still, the pilot was responsible for this one.

I think of this accident, the accident where the maintenance folks did not remove the duct tape from the pitot static ports that caused the plane to fly into the ground because the instruments lied to the pilots, and the ATC was reading info from the transponder that gave him incorrect information. How about the Air Alaska that tried to save money on maintenance and this ended up resulting in the stabilizer malfunctioning. Also, I think it was a United that had a rudder malfunction. These types of accidents place the pilot and passengers at the hands of fate. Like Nate66 pointed out, survival is simply amazing because the airplane is coming down like it or not.

Sorry for rambling.

i watched the duct tape over the holes. that crashed in the sea not on land

Pro Member Trainee
Eurotrans Trainee

Cheers for the link to the site JVD, Im enjoying it!! 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...