Static Aircraft Scenery Advice

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ive recently undertaken a huge personal AI project, so far ive downloaded the majority of the RAF bases (freeware) in the UK along with RAF AI aircraft.
Using Simple AI i have created many flightplans for these aircraft and so far so good they take off, fly the routes and land perfectly as scheduled.
So what I would like to have at my airfields now are various static aircraft and military vehicals parked.
My AI aircraft park after landing and look great but i would prefer to fill the gaps up with stationery aircraft.

Any advice on this would be great, many thanks

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Hhmmm...tricky one. You might try Runway12 at www.rwy12.com . Not too sure if it will give you what you want but may be worth a try. For me static aircraft look crap as they lack detail, but would still be interested in how you do.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Just had a thought.........why not make some more flightplans up and have them take off once a week at say 24:00 and return at 02:00? That way they will sit at your airfield until their departure.

Still try Runway12 for vehicles.

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

cheers sylvan ill give that a go 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Hello mate, well it worked well its not 100% but not far off, as sometimes it slows the FPS down a bit but it will do nicely.
I used a whole squadron of Tornados from 617 sqn parked up at RAF Akrotiri (LCRA) whilst I did a few circuits waiting to land in a que of an AWACS, NIMROD, C17 and Tristar......

AI Traffic, its a whole new world of FS9 when you get into it 😎

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Glad to hear it's working for you. What Nimrod are you using, AI or flyable? Don't know of an AI version so have you messed with FDE ?

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ive got an AI nimrod, ill email it to you mate 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why do you keep teasing us with this awesome looking Phantom without ever revealing the source - or a link perhaps??

I want it - Please!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

sonicninja wrote:

Ive got an AI nimrod, ill email it to you mate 👍

Cheers Pal, need to pack out Kinloss. Are they still at St Mawgan do you know?

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Tailhook:- heres where you will find the glorius phantom among over beautifull aircraft

"freeware"

enjoy

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Sylvan, as far as i know the Nimrods left St Mawgan a few years back now, the MK1 is now at Waddington and the MK3 at Kinloss, shortly to be upgraded by the Mk4.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

Tailhook:- heres where you will find the glorius phantom among over beautifull aircraft

"freeware"

enjoy

You're a Gentleman, sonicninja!

Now all I want you to do is pull your gfx out of your rig and mail it to me and we'll be set Twisted Evil

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...