Emirates purchases 42 777's

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I read this morning that Emirates have placed a order for 42 Boeing 777's, which comprise of the following:

10x -200LR
24x -300ER
8x - Freighter

Cost: US$9.7 billion 😕

News releases can be found at the following:

http://xtramsn.co.nz/businessandmoney/0,,13273-5048945,00.html
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/q4/nr_051120h.html

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

This Emirates guys are crazy! Where are they going to put all those planes plus their 50 A380 orders? (If I remember well they ordered 50 A380)

Man, what are the planning to do? Be the only airline in the world? They are exaggerating with the quantity of aircrafts ordered. They can order different aircraft if they wish, but NOT THAT MUCH! Seriously, where are they going to put all those planes?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

This Emirates guys are crazy! Where are they going to put all those planes plus their 50 A380 orders? (If I remember well they ordered 50 A380)

Man, what are the planning to do? Be the only airline in the world? They are exaggerating with the quantity of aircrafts ordered. They can order different aircraft if they wish, but NOT THAT MUCH! Seriously, where are they going to put all those planes?

They are going to buy Sahara Desert and build the biggest Airport of the world... 😉

According to the high speed increasing price of Black Gold they become richer day by day and in some cases they dont have the feeling of what money means...Of course im not offended or sarcastic to them.I envy and wish be like them.... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

They are not crazy Agus, they are smart. For the first time I flew Emirates last year. I was impressed. For many years Singapore Airlines has been the standard that airlines in the Asia-Pacific region have strived to emulate. If Emirates continue to upkeep their current efficiency and customer service, they will rule in the whole region, maybe even outsmarting Cathay and Korean Air.
There is no doubt in my mind that those guys at Emirates know exactly what they are doing. Yes

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

It's another one of their publicity stunts.

Last I heard they ordered something like 20 passenger 747-400's many years back. Well, the question is where are they.

There is no doubt in my mind that those guys at Emirates know exactly what they are doing.

They may know what they are doing to their passengers but the don't have a clue what they are doing to their pilots. I must say though, even their economy class makes some airlines business class look dull.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I found the following on the Emirates website:

This new deal boosts Emirates current aircraft order book to 132, with a total value of US$37.4 billion, and adds to the airline’s 23 Boeing 777-300ERs; 45 A380s; 20 A340-600s; and two A310Fs pending delivery.

132 aircraft now on order!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think this is ridiculous! Why in the world did they order 20 A340-600? They already have the A340-500! Isn't that enough for them? Are they going to buy also the 787 and the 747-8? What about the A350?

Emirates ordered too many airplanes. They will not have ramp space to put all those airplanes! They could be smart but don't you find that a bit strange? No other airline ordered that much.
They are buying planes left and right!

Are they going to lease some planes to other airlines?

Well, enough of this. I'm not angry, I'm just curious of why are they doing this.

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

I think this is ridiculous! Why in the world did they order 20 A340-600? They already have the A340-500! Isn't that enough for them? Are they going to buy also the 787 and the 747-8? What about the A350?

Emirates ordered too many airplanes. They will not have ramp space to put all those airplanes! They could be smart but don't you find that a bit strange? No other airline ordered that much.
They are buying planes left and right!

Are they going to lease some planes to other airlines?

Well, enough of this. I'm not angry, I'm just curious of why are they doing this.[/list][/code]

May as well buy a few 748's to top it all off. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Well, enough of this. I'm not angry, I'm just curious of why are they doing this.

I think the Sheik of Dubai is doing this because is in stiff competition with the sheik of Abu-Dhabi. The sheik of Abu-Dhabi is trying to create a larger airline than Emirates. Jus in case you never knew, his airline is called Etihad.

The funny thing is that Emirates isn't the national airline and yet it's size thrashes that of the United Arab Emirates national airline [Etihad].

Well, that's what I think is going on. What about you?

Pro Member Chief Captain

You could be right with that.

Also the UAE have enough oil and they can use it for about 20 years. They have a big advantage. Meanwhile scientists are trying to figure out how to use Hydrogen as fuel for cars, aircrafts, spaceships, etc. They are probaby going to figure that out in less than 20 years so when the UAE runs out of oil, they use Hydrogen as fuel and everyone's happy. Emirates will still operate as normal and they will not have any problem with fuel prices.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Go Boeing. Their really kicking A** this year. Especially Airbus's.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...