My Article About My Cessna

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I desided to do a flight in my Carenado Cessna Skylane 182 RG II. Truely an amazing plane. So here are about 8 pictures and the story of my flight.

We start off at the Gran-Aire tarmac at Timmerman Field(KMWC). Today we have overcast skys and a ceiling of about 5000'. So I decided that I will cruise at 6500'. I will be bringing along 2 other passengers for the ride up to Green Bay(KGRB). We are instructed to taxi to runway 33R for a north departure.

N397CA Cessna Skylane RG II

Avionics
Bendix King COM/NAV 2 155A T50
Bendix King DME unit
Garmin GTX 320 transponder
Cessna COM/NAV 1 RT-385A
Cessna 200A NAVOMATIC autopilot
Cessna 330 ADF

Sitting at the ramp.

Also, sitting at the ramp.

As I put her to full throttle and pull back on the prop pitch to maintain 2400 RPM, I rotate at about 65 kts and turn to about a 30 degree heading.

Just after departure from 33R at KMWC.

So we leave the Milwaukee area and my plan for today it to fly at a 30 degree heading until I reach the shore of Lake Michigan. Once I see the shore line, I would fallow her strait up to Manotowac.

Looking back after depature.

I made my way up to 6500 feet and trimed her out and hand flew her the whole way north.

Enroute to KGRB

Still enroute to KGRB but with a different look.

As you can see I am staying fairly close to the shore line.

But then came the time to decend and I did as I made my way down to 2500' and flew the ILS 36 approach into KGRB. On my way in especially on final I encountered some moderate turbulence and a quatering headwind. But that couldn't stop me from touching her down nice and easy.

You can see that I had a difficult time binging her down.

So then I taxied to the GA parking area and shut her down and enjoyed the last of this great flight. Well thanks for reading this and I hope I gave you a better impression of what Carenado makes and most of all, how I like to fly in FS9. I hope that this helps people understand me more and also, what good of a airplane this really is.

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

Hey, very nice description of the flight, and excellent screenshots. (Just one question: Where's the landing gear in pic 7?)

HL

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well its the Cessna 182 RG so I retracted the gear. But also I was still cruising though. I wasn't on approach.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

That was a very beautiful set of pictures and descriptions - nicely put together 😉 Thank you very much.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Thanks for the great screenshots Jared. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Good Job Jared 😉 ❗

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

How did you get that view from the back seat where you can see the back of the two front seats? Great job by the way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Nice screenshots, Jared! Love every one of them ❤️
And that VC....so beautiful 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

looks a lovely aircraft

I just don't see the attraction in flying something that is essentially a motor car with wings 😞

I guess, the amount of passengers is higher?

Pro Member First Officer

Insight wrote:

I just don't see the attraction in flying something that is essentially a motor car with wings

If Bentley made a Continental GT with real wings, that might be a heck of an airplane.

HL

Pro Member First Officer

Jared wrote:

Well its the Cessna 182 RG so I retracted the gear. But also I was still cruising though. I wasn't on approach. I currently have 0.5 hours logged in the Cessna 172.

I'm thinking about my first payware aircraft and am dithering between the 172 and the 182. Any suggestions?

HL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Beautiful shots of the cockpit, it looks real. 😳

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Nice pics and story. Clap

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

really nice description of your flight, enjoyed reading it.

I assume your plane is payware as the interior looks really good.

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Yes it is the payware Carenado Cessna 182 RG.

Hard Landing, this airplane is amazing all around. If you are looking for a 172, go to www.flight1.com and they have a payware 172R that is also amazing. But I haven't flown her in a while because this baby has been taking up my time.

Insight, she still holds 4 passengers like most Cessnas but the performance is better.

and JTH, to get that view, you need to hit something like Ctrl + Enter or Ctrl + Backspace or its with the shift key. I forgot but if you experiment with those you will find it out.

Pro Member First Officer

I've just spent some time in the standard FS04 Cessna 182, and I didn't feel as good in it as in the 172. I like the idea of the constant speed propeller, the extra power, higher cruise speed, and the higher ceiling, but the plane seemed heavier, not as responsive as the 172 (which I gather is in reality the case?), and the extra power didn't seem to pay off in flying enjoyment. (I realize all this may not be true for the payware versions.)

So when I'm ready to buy a plane, it will probably be Flight1's 172. Whenever that is. Before that, MegaScenery New York, I think.

HL

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well HardLanding, if you like Cessna's like the 172, then the F1 Skyhawk is right. I have it and I haven't flown it in a long time. I think that I am going to start and fly it more now along with my CS C-130. THe Caranado 182 will probably be seeing less time from me now. The airplane just never really grew on me. But you should like the F1 172. If you would like, I could try and take some screenshots for you.

Pro Member First Officer

Jared wrote:

But you should like the F1 172. If you would like, I could try and take some screenshots for you.

Sure! Screenshots are always welcome.

HL

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

OK HL, I'll try and get them up soon. I am going to be really busy this week so I might not get them up for awhile.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...