Memory space problem

Edulon Guest

Sometimes during a flight and when I change from internal to external view I have a message "no enought memory in hard disk". When this happens I have 70 Gb free space.

Pentium IV, 3´2
Sapphire X800XL 512 Mb
2 Gb Ram

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

It sounds as though you are running short of physical ram and your O/S is using virtual ram

Check and look for programs running in the background,and shut down those you do not need (Ctrl + Alt +Del)

Edulon Guest

Well I usually run EndItall program before starting Flight Simulator to close others programs. As I said I have 2 Gb Ram. The message says that I have to free memory from hard disk.
Thank you and sorry my bad English.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Go into your control panel and click on the system icon. click on Advanced, then performance <settings> then advanced again. check to see how much virtual memory is available for use on the drive. it could be it is set to small. Mine is set at 1500mb.

Edulon Guest

I had virtual memory available for use on the drive 2070 and system says recomended 3070 Mb so I have set iti on 3070 Mb, but I suppose that 2070 is enought. Thank you any way

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

The message says that I have to free memory from hard disk.

Does it say you have to free space on the hard drive?

What size is the volume (partition) you have FS9 installed on, and how much free space is there on that partition?

Post the exact error message you are getting please.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Just in case try a Disk-Cleanup and a Defragmant.

Sorry but I can´t remember the exact message so I will have to wait next fail. In anyway message is in Spanish (I´m from Spain) and the message says "No hay espacio suficiente en el disco duro. El programa se cerrará. Utilice el liberador de espacio en disco"

How can I know the size of the partition I have FS9 installed on and the free space on the partition?
I think I have no partitions on C:/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read this link and see if one of the two solutions help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892610

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

"No hay espacio suficiente en el disco duro. El programa se cerrará. Utilice el liberador de espacio en disco"

looks like it's telling you there is not enough space.

Can you double click 'My Computer' on your desktop and see what it shows.

Right click 'Local Disk C' and click on Properties..

see how much free space is remaining.

In C:/ there is a lot free space; 70 Gb.
I´ll try RadarMan´s advise.

The problem is the fail is not very frecuent but very sad specially when you have been flying for 4 hours and arriving to your arrival airport

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Read this link and see if one of the two solutions help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892610

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Just wondering, wasn't there a memory hole problem until the patch came out for FS9? I am wondering if he has the update patch installed and if this could be his problem.

I have the FS9 patch installed.
Other problem;
I´m flying with external view with good frame rates, change to 2d internal view and 3d internal view. When I return to external view FPS drops dramatically. No problem changing between 2d and external view.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I was just fooling around with my Virtual memory on my new computer, not as good as the Dell but it works. If I set it at 10,000 MB would that make FS run smoother and give me an oppurtunity to increase my display settings?

Computer specs:

Compaq presario
AMD (Atholon) 64 Processor
3500+
2.20 Ghz, 448 Mb of RAM

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...