roads and lakes for britain and europe.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi guys,

i recently bought this addon thinking how fantastic it would be, but it hardly seems to have made any difference.

Does anyone have it and if so what do you think and what settings do you have your flight sim on to get the best effects?

At the mo i am dissappointed with my new addon, so please help restore my faith in it! Crying or Very sad

Micah 😉

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 What is it called 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

You can find it here under Flight sim add-ons. It's near the bottom
https://www.simshack.net/

I was tempted to but it a few days ago, but changed my mind because I don't really fly VFR around England.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

It's called Roads & Rivers of Europe
You can find it here under Flight sim add-ons. It's near the bottom
https://www.simshack.net/

I was tempted to but it a few days ago, but changed my mind because I don't really fly VFR around England.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

so has anyone got anything similar then, like the usa version and if so what do you think?

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

so has anyone got anything similar then, like the usa version and if so what do you think?

Micah 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I recently bought the Special for London, and sorry to say, I'm not overly impressed. Think more value for money with payware aircraft, scenery seems overated reading the adverts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Micah 😉

Raimondo Taburet made a USA Roads (free) downloadable at Flightsim.com in 3 huge downloads.
Without a subscription at the free slow speeds you may or may not get it.

Don't confuse this with USA Roads from Flight1.com that is for sale, I have that CD.
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=roads001
Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Radarman, what do you think of the USA road that you have??

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

At first I didn't care for it but after I began to "play" with the settings it made the sim much more realistic.
You can actually follow major roads (IFR(I follow roads) to a destination.
It makes the sim look like the ground really looks like when your flying above it.
Take a look at the screenshots they've posted.
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=7507&PN=37
And before you ask, I didn't see any loss in FPS.
Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

so, radarman, sorry to bore you, but,

what settings do you run on then and what system specs? I know you have probably been over this a thousand times Sleep but its really important to me....cheers.

My specs are -
3.6 pentium 4 processor.
2 gig of ram
NVidia 6800gt 256mb ram.
100gig harddrive.

please help a friend in need!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

so, radarman, sorry to bore you, but,

what settings do you run on then and what system specs? I know you have probably been over this a thousand times Sleep but its really important to me....cheers.

My specs are -
3.6 pentium 4 processor.
2 gig of ram
NVidia 6800gt 256mb ram.
100gig harddrive.

please help a friend in need!

Micah 😉

You run me into the ground, my present machine is old.
P-4 1.5 gig
512mb Rambus Ram
ATi Radeon 9800 128mb card.

That shows you that the Roads will run on anything.
Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...