panel stretched vertically grr!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

as you can see this panel has been stretched making the guages annoying and more difficult to read sometimes. i have some experiences editing panels, but i can;t get this one right 😞 any help? it is designed for 1024x768 screen resolution. the main panel image is 1024x600 in size and my moniter runs at 1280x1024 - which i know is more square than normal, but i don;t have any problems with other panels :S

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Is this a default or an add-on panel?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Looks like a really hosed up addon. I'd say find a new one myself 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

changed the guages position scalefrom 640,400 to 640,500 - one quarter larger. i then made the panel 1/4 smaller in height, but kept the original canvas size - then moved the guages all 1/4 lower. not really a very big deal to be fair.i like it, nice and low so i can see and also no hogging my ram.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry hinch, I'd overlooked that you'd already edited the panel.
Had it been a stock/default/add on I would have suggested to reboot and play around with closing/re-opening windows and do the usual Shift+ 1,2,3,4 etc. routine.
I'm not being superficial - those methods have worked wonders for me in the past.

Let's here what solution you'll finally come up with Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

fixed it now by scaling it all down vertically by 25% 🙂 only have problems in the dreamwings embraer though - other aircraft no worries.

i've added a hud and ground handling panel to it. simple stuff that's good to fly. i'm getting into the simple things. i'm currently flying mike stones gulfstream and i prefer it to many high detail models (even though my pc can run them fine).i'm going to make a complete livery for it tommorrow with a lot more detail 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Glad to hear you've worked it all out!

...i've added a hud and ground handling panel to it. simple stuff that's good to fly. i'm getting into the simple things.

...simple stuff... ...yeah right 😳 How do you guys do it ❓

Another name to add to my "Experts List" : hinch 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'm a php programmer/designer, this kinda stuff is simple as.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

i'm a php programmer/designer, this kinda stuff is simple as.

I might not be the brightest, but I'm honest - I don't even know what 'php' stands for Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

something like pre proccessed hypertext then changed to php because its a nicer anogram.

basically it can perform functions, before displaying it as a web page.

like this forum. if you lookabove it says modules.php?name=...

so php will get that name variable and find the bit in the database with that name then display it.

clever stuff 🙂

my repaint of mike stones gulfstream is looking fabbers 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You've explained this nicely, thanks - much better than ➡ Evil or Very Mad http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/PHP.html

Why don't you show us your repaint of the gulfstream?

If your happy to do so, may I suggest you post your screenie straight here in the forum rather than uploading it to the gallery... --

Secret The rumours have it that even recently repainted a/c need a new paintjob by the time they finally arrive in the gallery...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...