F/A-18E Super Hornet

Pro Member Trainee
ortegren Trainee

I have downloaded and successfully installed the FS2004 Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet. I have just started flying it and since I couldn't find any kind of manual I have a question: It seems a bit slow to me. At 30000 ft with full throttle I only reach Mach 1.1. Am I missing something here?
Would be grateful for any comments on this...

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
ortegren Trainee

Thanks. I'll do some reading and see if I can figure out what's wrong. Maybe it's just that I need to climb higher...

There is a "speed update" available that corrects that issue - max speed is then M1.8.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

There is a "speed update" available that corrects that issue - max speed is then M1.8.

A link would be helpful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
TailhookRL Guest

This seems to be the one - thanks RadarMan 👍

Thanks! I suspected it was something that needed fixing. At least I didn't do anything wrong... 🙂)

Pro Member Trainee
ortegren Trainee

That was me above. Forgot to login...

Macruairidh Guest

I have the F/A-18E super hornet and the readme file says the tailhook works...How so I lower it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Macruairidh wrote:

I have the F/A-18E super hornet and the readme file says the tailhook works...How so I lower it?

See if this helps.

http://www.abacuspub.com/fsd/premier/fa18/fa18fly.htm

Let us know how you did.

Radar

Macruairidh Guest

Thanks...That worked great...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Macruairidh wrote:

Thanks...That worked great...

Your welcome, now enjoy it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...