Throttle running too high at cruise altitude

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Peeps,

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for getting my throttle levels down when I am crusing?

I have just flown from Birmingham to Palma and followed all the instructions in the operations manual of my B757-200 - but I am finding that when I am crusing, my throttles are still running at over 90%.

I will give a brief overview of what I am doing:

1: TOGA, VR at 155knts
2: Climb @ 10 on the altimiter
3: Level off to 1000ft/min at 1000ft
4: @ 3000ft, maintain a steady climb of 250knts.
5: At cruise altitude, accelerate to cruise speed.

I am at no time, climbing more than 2000ft/m but when I reach my cruise altitude, I still find that I am running too much throttle.

Any ideas peeps?

Ta
Leachus

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Leachus,

You are probably too heavy or cruising at too higher altitude for the aircraft and its weight. How heavy are you before takeoff and how much fuel are you carrying? If it isn't that, it might be a problem with the model, but it is probably an in-flight gross weight problem

😉

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Mate,

I am using FSP and I am running at 100% MTOW with 40% fuel.

That not good?

Leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain

I forgot to ask, what is your altitude at cruise?

😉

Pro Member First Officer

I am crusing at 33000

I am taking off at in 10 mins and have been selected for 35000 - should I go lower?

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you are running an aircraft at 100% MTOW and it is a heavy aircraft in the first place, then you will have to do a step climb. This means that you cruise at a lower altitude (around FL290) for about 20 minutes and then very slowly (200fpm) ascend to cruising altitude of FL330 or whatever it is. This means that the engines have less weight, at higher altitude to cope with.
If you are flying at FL350, level off at around FL300 first and then burn off some fuel before climbing again. Or you could try not taking so much baggage / many passengers 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...