Aerospatiale Dolphin -- Sound problem

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

Works great, but cannot get sound to fire up. Any help? Please? Thank you! 🙄

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Post the contents of the sound.cfg here and we'll have a look at it.

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

Thank you. Here it is:

JET_ENGINE]
type=3
flags=8
viewpoint=1
filename=HE4
link=ENGINE_EXT

[ENGINE_EXT]
type=3
flags=8
viewpoint=2
filename=xhe4

[GEAR_DOWN]
filename=dpgeardn

[gear_up]
filename=dpgearup

[touchdown]
filename=Xlmtoucc
initial_volume=10000
maximum_volume=10000

[left_touchdown]
filename=Xlmtoucl
panning=-10000
initial_volume=10000
maximum_volume=10000

[right_touchdown]
filename=Xlmtoucr
panning=10000
initial_volume=10000
maximum_volume=10000

[wind_sound]
filename=wind3
minimum_volume=5000
maximum_volume=7900
minimum_speed=40
maximum_speed=110
minimum_rate=0.75
maximum_rate=1.00

[CRASH_SOUND]
filename=jcrash2
extra=hncrash1,hncrash2,hncrash3,hncrash4

[splash_SOUND]
filename=jsplash2
extra=hnsplas1,hnsplas2,hnsplas3

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, I thought perhaps the sound was aliased to another aircraft's which you don't have.
So if you have the actual WAV files (compatible with WMP) in the same folder, I don't know what the problem is.

Are you getting sound in other a/c?

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

Yes, getting sound now in all other aircraft. Hmmmm. . . .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The first thing I would do is backup the 'Dolphin's' sound folder. Just rename it to something like sound.orig and you can leave it where it is.
Then COPY and PASTE the soundfolder out of the bell206b into the 'Dolphin'. You won't need to overwrite because you've already renamed the original sound folder.
If the Bell sounds work, my first thought would be that the problem lies somewhere inside the original Dolphin sound folder - whether in the sound.cfg or with the actual sound files themselves - I can't even guess.

The second thing I would do is finally provide us with the file name and the library where you got it from. If you don't want to, or don't remember, try a fresh download - THIS ONE looks pretty good.

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

Thank you very much. I downloaded the Dolphin from the link you provided. Not sure where I got the original one. Same sound problem. Then I inserted the Bell sound folder as you suggested. All sound is perfect!

Wonder what is going on? Any have a working Dolphin sound folder they can send?

THANKS!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Gilanshah wrote:

Thank you very much. I downloaded the Dolphin from the link you provided. Not sure where I got the original one. Same sound problem. Then I inserted the Bell sound folder as you suggested. All sound is perfect!

Wonder what is going on? Any have a working Dolphin sound folder they can send?

THANKS!

This is weird 😳

I downloaded and installed the file I linked you to at avsim, loaded the a/c and the sound is there!
So I compared the sound.cfg with the one you posted above -- it's exactly the same.
The only possible explanation I can think of is that if you used the 'setup.exe', the soundfolder could have ended up somewhere else where it doesn't belong. But I'm sure you had a look before you imported the Bell soundset.

You could try to go to Hovercontrol.

The first file on that page is a soundset that might work for you.

You'll probably find a few Helis there that you like 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

Thanks very much, appreciate the help! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...