Engine Sound Problem

RSA_SEAL Guest

Hey guys,

After flying in FS9 for the first time, it all ran smoothly except for one sound problem. This problem when the engine sound is turned on, as well as the actual sound of the engine, a crackly/popping sound occurs and this problem ONLY occurs when I'm in the cockpit. The spot plane view is fine, with no sound problems at all. When I turn off the engine sound, the crackly/popping sound disappears.

I have the latest driver for my Realtek AC97 speakers.

Does anyone know of any solutions to this sound problem?

Thanks in advance!

RSA_SEAL

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Do you have the sound quality for FS9 turned up to high?

That's all i can think of, other than the actual speakers are blown/have wore out...dunno.

Fire_Emblem_Master - thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the sound quality on FS9 turned to high, and the problem still remains...

Does anyone else know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

RSA_SEAL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check these out and see if they help.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;812394

Radar

RSA_SEAL Guest

Thanks again RadarMan, this cut down the crackly/popping sound by about 95%. The other 5% is just a crackle or pop every 5 minutes or so, but that's fine I guess.

Thanks again,

RSA_SEAL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👏 We're batting 2 for 2, thanks for letting us know.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...