is this possible

westjet Guest

hi i saw this video on youtube of a guy landing a plane. but when he was doing the glide slope thing there were squaers in the air that he went through and it got him straight to that runway how can i get those hoops in the air. i think it was a boening 737.
here is the video link

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

In cockpit mode: Alt/Aircraft/Visual Flight Path... 😎

westjet Guest

but i still cant get it to come on. i enter the frequencyu of the runway into nav1 and then turn it on. do i have to be facing the runway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't use it myself so I can only point you in the direction. From the Learning Center:

Using the Visual Flight Path
Your highway in the sky

The Visual Flight Path makes it easier to fly a selected VOR radial or instrument landing system (ILS) approach. The Path puts a "follow me" display in the sky. To stay on course, just follow the display. The Visual Flight Path is especially useful when you're trying to learn the relationship between the VOR needles in your cockpit and the path to the VOR station.

The Visual Flight Path displays a variety of visual shapes for you to follow. You can lock the Path to an ILS or VOR signal, and select the spacing and density of the path that Flight Simulator displays on the window.

Activating the Visual Flight Path

You must have the Visual Flight Path enabled to see the display in the sky.

To activate Visual Flight Path

1. On the Aircraft menu, click Visual Flight Path.
2. Select the Enable Visual Flight Path checkbox.
3. Click OK.

Linking Visual Flight Path to Navigational Aids

You must have a VOR or ILS tuned into one of your radios in order to see the Visual Flight Path when selecting this option.

To lock the Visual Flight Path to a VOR or ILS

1. Tune a nav radio to the navigation facility you want to track.
2. In the Visual Flight Path dialog box, select Nav1 or Nav2 in the Linked radio list.
3. Set any options in the dialog box that you want to change.
4. Click OK.

Setting Visual Flight Path Shape

Use the Guide Shape list to choose the type of display you want: Rectangles, Telephone poles, Hoops, or Yellow brick road.

To choose how you want the Path to display

1. In the Type box, select Rectangles, Telephone poles, Yellow brick road, or Hoops.
2. Click OK.

Setting Visual Flight Path Density

You can choose how densely Flight Simulator places the guides along your path.

To set the Visual Flight Path density

1. In the Number of guides list, select Low, Medium, or High.
2. Click OK.

Setting Visual Flight Path Spacing

You can choose how far apart Flight Simulator will place guides along your path.

To set the Visual Flight Path spacing

1. In the Distance between guides list, select Low, Medium, or High.
2. Click OK.

Plotting an Intercepting Path

You can have the Visual Flight Path draw an intercepting path to the radial or final approach course that you have set on the Omni Bearing Selector of a VOR or ILS.

To plot an intercepting path

1. Select the Plot intercept path checkbox.
2. Click OK.

Setting Guide Altitude

You can set the altitude at which the guides appear. If the Visual Flight Path is linked to an ILS, the Path will follow the glide slope on the approach phase of the flight.

To set the guide altitude

1. Type an altitude in the Draw guide at this altitude box.
2. Click OK.

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

westjet wrote:

but i still cant get it to come on. i enter the frequencyu of the runway into nav1 and then turn it on. do i have to be facing the runway.

Yes, you have to be facing the runway and the runway must have an ILS. It is shown along the ILS course to the runway. It also works on a VOR course.

Dino20000 Guest

I need help with flight path ive tried many a time with it it just never appears only very occasionly i Click "Enable" etc but nothing what are the signifciant things to able the visual flight path as i am traing cheers thanks o btw tell me urself don't just get something from the learning center as it hasn't helped

Cheers Dino

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...