Where are the Brakes on an Aircraft?

Where are the brakes on an aircraft? Arent the peddles just for the yaw? I was in a tomahawk a lil one 2 get a ppl licence. Think its called that! And i didnt see the brakes and i forgot to ask

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The tops of each pedal operate the left and right main landing gear brakes, independently.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Where are the brakes on an aircraft? Arent the peddles just for the yaw? I was in a tomahawk a lil one 2 get a ppl licence. Think its called that! And i didnt see the brakes and i forgot to ask

Isn't there a handbrake as well? I know there's one in real planes 😁

In the game you toggle <.> to engage and disengage those.

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

There is a small "hand brake" in lots of small aircraft but they are rarely used as they have a tendancy to sieze and people very rarely check if it is on or not. To operate it anyway you compress the top of the rudder pedals so that the brakes are on and pull out the "hand brake" to lock the pressure in the system.

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

nive plane tail hook

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...