help!!! its urgent mayor problem here

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

hello guys i really need help with my computer after i play my games 18 mins or so it shuts down this is also with the internet games when i turn it back on everything is fine but it still shuts down i tried instaling flight simulator again it shuts down this started to happen oh 5 weeks ago or so if there is anything you guys can tell how to fix this that would be great

sincerley😀kt3

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

perhaps your cmputer overheated radarman and crjcapt are experts on this

Cheers 😀

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

how do i stop my computer from overheating/?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dkt3 wrote:

how do i stop my computer from overheating/?

Open the case and clean the dust out of the fans and the heatsink.
Use compressed air, don't point the can down, always straight.
Never touch anything in the case without grounding yourself first, you can short out the entire machine. Just touch the p/s or get an anti static strap.
No vacuum.

When you blow the air on the fans, stick a straw in the fan so it doesn't spin, if you make it spin you can ruin the bearings.

Buy a fan and install it on the back grid of the case to blow out.

If you can install one in front also to blow in cool air that would be great.
the rear is important.
It's very easy and cost $20. Get an Antec.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

are you sure this is the problem? is there any way to cheak the heat on your fan

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dkt3 wrote:

are you sure this is the problem? is there any way to cheak the heat on your fan

No I'm not sure it's the problem or the fix but don't you think it would be nice to clean it every so often.

Yes there are apps that show you the temperature.
If you have an Intel setup you can go to their site and get active monitor, the one for your computer. Be sure you get the right one.

There is one for AMD also, elsewhere...we talk about one in the Hardware Forum.

I have and use Intel and use the temp monitor made for Core2Duo not for P-4.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

thank you raderman ill do as soon as i can

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Never touch anything in the case without grounding yourself first, you can short out the entire machine. Just touch the p/s or get an anti static strap.
No vacuum.

lol that bought back memories of when I was training in school. I was on work experience in a computer repair shop and was told to put one finger in my ear to stop shocks. I believed it for about 2 years.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

No vacuum.

lol that bought back memories of when I was training in school. I was on work experience in a computer repair shop and was told to put one finger in my ear to stop shocks. I believed it for about 2 years.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

No vacuum.

😂 😂 😂 Left handed monkey wrench!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

can you give me a list of the problems it could be at least some of them

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...