sonics return

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ahoy there 😀

A big hello to all those that remember me from a couple of years ago before I hung up my flying gear. Ive just returned from a long posting oversea's mainly working in Oman and Iraq.(im serving in the Royal Navy)
While I was away I was working with the Royal Air Force and not suprisingly quite a few of them are into FS2004/FSX etc so I got to spend quite a bit of time playing FS9 while on tour.
Ive even managed to build a few of my own AI packages, duplicating real RAF flights by Nimrods/VC10's/Tristars etc flying in and out of Seeb (OOMS), Basra (ORMM), Bagdad (ORBS) and Akrotiri (LCRA).
I was lucky enough to get a few rides in the MR2 Nimrod, the VC10 and even a Canadian Orion, the military aircrew are always more than happy to take an intrested passenger along and I can honestly say these are some of the most proffessional, hard working and seriously talented people I have ever had the good fortune to work with.
Anyway, im back on the scene now and just wanted to say a big hello to some old faces and to all the new faces I dont know.

Heres a few screenies:-

UKMIL Nimrod R1 This is a fantastic FS aircraft very realistic

Parking up at Seeb (OOMS), not my personal AI package in the backround

Take Off from Kinloss (EGQK)..Home of the Nimrod MR2, ive added my own AI package here, mostly ASW aircraft.

RAF Tristar Departs Brize Norton (EGVN), note AI Tristars in background

Dave Maltybys Freeware VC10, a fantastic aircraft for FS9

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Welcome back and nice screenies.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome back. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good to see you're back sonic! I recall you selling your CH gear some time ago and have fond memories of your beloved mother in law. 😛
I bet you have some stories to tell about your recent posting

Thanks for the screenies... ...oh, btw., are those AI packages of yours for free Whistle

Welcome

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Welcome back and very nice pics 😀

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Good to see you're back sonic! I recall you selling your CH gear some time ago and have fond memories of your beloved mother in law. 😛
I bet you have some stories to tell about your recent posting

Thanks for the screenies... ...oh, btw., are those AI packages of yours for free Whistle

Welcome

Im in the process of putting my military AI packages onto AVSIM for download, it will just be the Flightplans and the AFCADS though but I will state where all the aircraft are available from. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's good news, thanks for that.
Make sure you let us all know when you're uploading your files.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Welcome home sonicninja 😀 ,good to see you back safe and sound! 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...