Auto rudder!

Pro Member Trainee
petorious21 Trainee

Hi there im new here, and i have one quetion.

Is it possible to make the rudder automatically return to the center when i yaw either left or right.

thanks
peter

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No need to post the same thing in two forums. You need to fly with a joy stick with auto rudder selected. The next step in realism is a joy stick with a twist function(Rudder control) with auto rudder not selected. The ultimate in realism is to have rudder pedals with auto rudder not selected.

Welcome to Flyaway. 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Most real aircraft do this as a part of design. Most basic control surfaces are deisigned so as to return to neutral as part of inherent or dynamic stability. If you think about it, the airflow over the control surface would naturally tend to return the rudder to neutral when mechanical pressure is released. If you want to learn how to use a rudder, I'd suggest you shell out for a set of rudder pedals for your sim. They add a touch of realism and make the aircraft far more agile.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...