King Air 350 Approach Hold

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,

I use autopilot APROACH HOLD on Lear Jet, B737, B747, B777 and it works perfect. I line up on ILS get direction and capture the glide slope, turn on the a/p approach hold and I am kept on the glide slope as I should be.
For some reason the APPROACH HOLD does not work on Beachcraft King Air 350. After engaged it does not hold aircaft on ILS glide slope, instead it allows aircrfat to descend and crash to the ground. Unless a/p is disangaged before hitting the ground. Any idea why is King Air different and APPROACH HOLD does not work?

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Why not fly it yourself? If you want a fancy autopilot, you're going to have to go with something payware.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

When flying turboprops, I have found that you have to keep your power and torque up on final. If you let the power drop off the aircraft will not be able to hold the GS and will, if you don't catch it in time endup on the ground short of the runway. I try to keep my power up until I'm sure I'll make the runway. This applies to manually flying the landing or using the auto ILS approach with the Approach hold.
You may have to experiment a bit to find the best approach speed and power.
Good Luck and Good Flying

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Thanks all very useful

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Ref why not flying it your self. Difficult in1/4 mile visibility.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...