Beechcraft 350

Guest Guest

Hi, i have a question about the beechcraft king air 350 default aircraft in fs9. The vref chart tells me that i should be lading at 109 kias. i use the autopilot till the last 100 feet and then land it. however when as i approach i slowly decrease the speed to land at 109, but at around 122 kias (blue arrow on the speedometer) the autopilot doesn't seem to hold the descent rate at all. it slowly starts to decrease and my plane crashes.... how come that happenes if im supposed to land at 109? thanks.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
lambkin Trainee

your not supposed to use the autopilot during landing,

your supposed to do it manually.

i think that the autopilot does not work at such low speeds.

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Guest wrote:

Hi, i have a question about the beechcraft king air 350 default aircraft in fs9. The vref chart tells me that i should be lading at 109 kias. i use the autopilot till the last 100 feet and then land it. however when as i approach i slowly decrease the speed to land at 109, but at around 122 kias (blue arrow on the speedometer) the autopilot doesn't seem to hold the descent rate at all. it slowly starts to decrease and my plane crashes.... how come that happenes if im supposed to land at 109? thanks.

I assume you have checked the VREF charts for the landing weight of your aircraft.because if your landing weight is high the VREF will also be higher..If you come down below that then AP will not hold it and it will start to sink..

Guest Ed Guest

I can't answer your question; I've always used the FS09 V speeds as a guide, but I fly by what feels right. I have also had aircraft crash because they couldn't stay on the glide slope, and just kept dropping lower until we had "hard interface with the terrain."

What I do on any aircraft when using the autopilot to follow the glide slope is to keep my hand on the throttle, and if the needle starts to rise, I give a little more throttle. If it starts to sink, I cut the throttle a little. I use the throttle to "help" the autopilot stay on the glide slope.

That usually gets me to the ground at a very reasonable speed. I haven't flown the King Air for a while, so I don't remember what that is, though.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...